Tuning ADF decimals

Last response: in Video Games
February 25, 2005 1:42:09 AM

Is there a command on FS9 for tuning the ADF .5 frequencies? In the UK
we still have a lot of them which end in a decimal, and on certain
aircraft (for example the Flight1 C441 and C172) the ADF tuner only
allows whole numbers to be tuned.
I'm think I'm looking for a key press which would allow decimal tuning

Thanks

More about : tuning adf decimals

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 2:06:42 AM

I don't think you can tune the .5's, but you might try tuning 1 higher, i.e.
351 for 350.5, and see if that works.

"spamcan" <ggi@lineone.net> wrote in message
> Is there a command on FS9 for tuning the ADF .5 frequencies? In the UK
> we still have a lot of them which end in a decimal, and on certain
> aircraft (for example the Flight1 C441 and C172) the ADF tuner only
> allows whole numbers to be tuned.
> I'm think I'm looking for a key press which would allow decimal tuning
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 3:01:03 AM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:42:09 +0000, spamcan wrote:

> Is there a command on FS9 for tuning the ADF .5 frequencies? In the UK
> we still have a lot of them which end in a decimal, and on certain
> aircraft (for example the Flight1 C441 and C172) the ADF tuner only
> allows whole numbers to be tuned.
> I'm think I'm looking for a key press which would allow decimal tuning

Sure there is...

Press AAAA to select the decimal tuning, then - to decrease or = to
increase...

There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled
HELP... :)

Bill
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 9:33:06 AM

"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message news:37sivhs2wk3.1otady5pw9m2x.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:42:09 +0000, spamcan wrote:
>
>> Is there a command on FS9 for tuning the ADF .5 frequencies? In the UK
>> we still have a lot of them which end in a decimal, and on certain
>> aircraft (for example the Flight1 C441 and C172) the ADF tuner only
>> allows whole numbers to be tuned.
>> I'm think I'm looking for a key press which would allow decimal tuning
>
> Sure there is...
>
> Press AAAA to select the decimal tuning, then - to decrease or = to
> increase...
>
> There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled
> HELP... :)
>
> Bill

Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then maybe more people would notice/use it :)
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 1:05:01 PM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:33:06 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
<c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> brought the following to our attention:

>"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message:

>> There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled HELP... :)
>>
>> Bill

>Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then
>maybe more people would notice/use it.. :)

Even better... it could be labelled:

`Reference Menu associated with Sexy Babes!'

or.. you could just bag the commands all together.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/cmdref.jpg

-G
February 25, 2005 7:03:44 PM

Is that the instructions just to open the filing cabinet ;-)

"Gregory Abbey" <gabbey.maps@bkwds.dynanet.com> wrote in message
news:D 9fu111onlg54eta9ckvoomil9r7d64su7@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:33:06 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
> <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message:
>

>>> There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled
>>> HELP... :)
>>>
>>> Bill
>
>>Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then
>>maybe more people would notice/use it.. :)
>
> Even better... it could be labelled:
>
> `Reference Menu associated with Sexy Babes!'
>

> or.. you could just bag the commands all together.
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/cmdref.jpg
>

> -G

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 1:00:28 PM

Hi Carl,

Nice one, mate - another Hall of Fame entry"

Most practical improvement to the Sim': Carl Frisk.

Hey, that makes you and Downloader boB the only two dual recipients, so
far! :-)

Regards,
John Ward
"Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
> "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:42:09 +0000, spamcan wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a command on FS9 for tuning the ADF .5 frequencies? In the UK
> >> we still have a lot of them which end in a decimal, and on certain
> >> aircraft (for example the Flight1 C441 and C172) the ADF tuner only
> >> allows whole numbers to be tuned.
> >> I'm think I'm looking for a key press which would allow decimal tuning
> >
> > Sure there is...
> >
> > Press AAAA to select the decimal tuning, then - to decrease or = to
> > increase...
> >
> > There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled
> > HELP... :)
> >
> > Bill
>
> Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then
maybe more people would notice/use it :)
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 3:18:23 AM

Hey you even have a filing cabinet handy!

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Gregory Abbey" <gabbey.maps@bkwds.dynanet.com> wrote in message news:D 9fu111onlg54eta9ckvoomil9r7d64su7@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:33:06 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
> <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message:
>

>>> There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled HELP... :)
>>>
>>> Bill
>
>>Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then
>>maybe more people would notice/use it.. :)
>
> Even better... it could be labelled:
>
> `Reference Menu associated with Sexy Babes!'
>

> or.. you could just bag the commands all together.
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/cmdref.jpg
>

> -G

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 3:18:24 AM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:18:23 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
<c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> brought the following to our attention:

>Hey you even have a filing cabinet handy!

yes.. on top was a stack of CD-ROM drives separated with mouse pads.
To the right atop a low endtable was a secondary 15" monitor for use
with undocked Sim windows.. etc. It was about 2/3 the height of the
worktable. Now there are two 21" tubes side-by-side.

That old bag (the cmd ref board) is still over on the bookshelf.. and
comes in handy now and then. :)

-Gregory
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 3:18:46 AM

Thanks John. I am of course deeply honored.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

!