Tuning ADF decimals

Is there a command on FS9 for tuning the ADF .5 frequencies? In the UK
we still have a lot of them which end in a decimal, and on certain
aircraft (for example the Flight1 C441 and C172) the ADF tuner only
allows whole numbers to be tuned.
I'm think I'm looking for a key press which would allow decimal tuning

Thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about tuning decimals

    I don't think you can tune the .5's, but you might try tuning 1 higher, i.e.
    351 for 350.5, and see if that works.

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:42:09 +0000, spamcan wrote:

    > Is there a command on FS9 for tuning the ADF .5 frequencies? In the UK
    > we still have a lot of them which end in a decimal, and on certain
    > aircraft (for example the Flight1 C441 and C172) the ADF tuner only
    > allows whole numbers to be tuned.
    > I'm think I'm looking for a key press which would allow decimal tuning

    Sure there is...

    Press AAAA to select the decimal tuning, then - to decrease or = to
    increase...

    There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled
    HELP... :)

    Bill

    "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message news:37sivhs2wk3.1otady5pw9m2x.dlg@40tude.net...
    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:42:09 +0000, spamcan wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a command on FS9 for tuning the ADF .5 frequencies? In the UK
    >> we still have a lot of them which end in a decimal, and on certain
    >> aircraft (for example the Flight1 C441 and C172) the ADF tuner only
    >> allows whole numbers to be tuned.
    >> I'm think I'm looking for a key press which would allow decimal tuning
    >
    > Sure there is...
    >
    > Press AAAA to select the decimal tuning, then - to decrease or = to
    > increase...
    >
    > There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled
    > HELP... :)
    >
    > Bill

    Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then maybe more people would notice/use it :)

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:33:06 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
    <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> brought the following to our attention:

    >"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message:

    >> There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled HELP... :)
    >>
    >> Bill

    >Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then
    >maybe more people would notice/use it.. :)

    Even better... it could be labelled:

    `Reference Menu associated with Sexy Babes!'

    or.. you could just bag the commands all together.

    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/cmdref.jpg

    -G

    Is that the instructions just to open the filing cabinet ;-)

    "Gregory Abbey" <gabbey.maps@bkwds.dynanet.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:33:06 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
    > <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> brought the following to our attention:
    >
    >>"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message:
    >

    >>> There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled
    >>> HELP... :)
    >>>
    >>> Bill
    >
    >>Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then
    >>maybe more people would notice/use it.. :)
    >
    > Even better... it could be labelled:
    >
    > `Reference Menu associated with Sexy Babes!'
    >

    > or.. you could just bag the commands all together.
    >
    > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/cmdref.jpg
    >

    > -G

    Hi Carl,

    Nice one, mate - another Hall of Fame entry"

    Most practical improvement to the Sim': Carl Frisk.

    Hey, that makes you and Downloader boB the only two dual recipients, so
    far! :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
    > "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:42:09 +0000, spamcan wrote:
    > >
    > >> Is there a command on FS9 for tuning the ADF .5 frequencies? In the UK
    > >> we still have a lot of them which end in a decimal, and on certain
    > >> aircraft (for example the Flight1 C441 and C172) the ADF tuner only
    > >> allows whole numbers to be tuned.
    > >> I'm think I'm looking for a key press which would allow decimal tuning
    > >
    > > Sure there is...
    > >
    > > Press AAAA to select the decimal tuning, then - to decrease or = to
    > > increase...
    > >
    > > There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled
    > > HELP... :)
    > >
    > > Bill
    >
    > Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then
    maybe more people would notice/use it :)

    Hey you even have a filing cabinet handy!

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "Gregory Abbey" <gabbey.maps@bkwds.dynanet.com> wrote in message news:d9fu111onlg54eta9ckvoomil9r7d64su7@4ax.com...
    > On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:33:06 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
    > <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> brought the following to our attention:
    >
    >>"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message:
    >

    >>> There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled HELP... :)
    >>>
    >>> Bill
    >
    >>Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then
    >>maybe more people would notice/use it.. :)
    >
    > Even better... it could be labelled:
    >
    > `Reference Menu associated with Sexy Babes!'
    >

    > or.. you could just bag the commands all together.
    >
    > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/cmdref.jpg
    >

    > -G

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:18:23 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
    <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> brought the following to our attention:

    >Hey you even have a filing cabinet handy!

    yes.. on top was a stack of CD-ROM drives separated with mouse pads.
    To the right atop a low endtable was a secondary 15" monitor for use
    with undocked Sim windows.. etc. It was about 2/3 the height of the
    worktable. Now there are two 21" tubes side-by-side.

    That old bag (the cmd ref board) is still over on the bookshelf.. and
    comes in handy now and then. :)

    -Gregory

    Thanks John. I am of course deeply honored.

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:421fbc1a$0$31621$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
    > Hi Carl,
    >
    > Nice one, mate - another Hall of Fame entry"
    >
    > Most practical improvement to the Sim': Carl Frisk.
    >
    > Hey, that makes you and Downloader boB the only two dual recipients, so
    > far! :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward
    > "Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message

    >> > Sure there is...
    >> >
    >> > Press AAAA to select the decimal tuning, then - to decrease or = to
    >> > increase...
    >> >
    >> > There's this neat resource in FS, up on the toolbar, cleverly spelled
    >> > HELP... :)
    >> >
    >> > Bill
    >>
    >> Perhaps they should rename that menu item from Help to FREE BEER. Then
    > maybe more people would notice/use it :)

Decimal Tuning Command Prompt Video Games