Changing IP Addresses in an NT 4 Domain

We needed to organize our IP addresses so we need to make a major change in
our domain IP addressing. Is this problematic to do on an NT4 domain or
should it be a non-issue? Some particulars, we have to bring in our own DNS.
So we would be putting up a Win 2003 member server configured for DNS, DHCP,
& WINS, but not upgrade to a Win 2003 domain yet, but just change all of our
servers IP addresses and network printers.

Some people say that this will be problematic and that we should just go
ahead and upgrade the domain, instead of doing baby-steps with just an IP
addressing change.

Can someone share their wisdom on this?

Thanks.

An IP address is an IP address is an IP address. Baby steps are good to ease
transition tasks later on.

Ray

"MPMendoza - Dallas, TX" <MPMendozaDallasTX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:908CF1B5-38CF-4D9D-8C0D-F1D3F3852977@microsoft.com...
> We needed to organize our IP addresses so we need to make a major change
in
> our domain IP addressing. Is this problematic to do on an NT4 domain or
> should it be a non-issue? Some particulars, we have to bring in our own
DNS.
> So we would be putting up a Win 2003 member server configured for DNS,
DHCP,
> & WINS, but not upgrade to a Win 2003 domain yet, but just change all of
our
> servers IP addresses and network printers.
>
> Some people say that this will be problematic and that we should just go
> ahead and upgrade the domain, instead of doing baby-steps with just an IP
> addressing change.
>
> Can someone share their wisdom on this?
>
> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS