Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
September 2, 2005 8:53:39 PM

Has anybody used this successfully? I was just going to buy one, but
with a price north of $60 thought I'd check first.
http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=39...
Thanks,
Mike

More about : usb ide laptop drive adapter

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
September 3, 2005 11:55:40 PM

"Mike Hollywood" <noone@nowheret.net> wrote in message
> Has anybody used this successfully? I was just going to buy one, but
> with a price north of $60 thought I'd check first.

If I've got it right, this adapter has you connect a bare drive to the IDE
end. That's ugly. There's usually circuits exposed on the underside of many
drives.

If you want to 'permanently' attach a laptop [2.5"] or a 3.5" drive to your
pc, you're better off using an external enclosure. Try www.newegg.com -
they've got a large selection.
> http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=39...
> Thanks,
> Mike

September 4, 2005 1:36:59 AM

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:53:39 -0400, "Mike Hollywood"
<noone@nowheret.net> wrote:

>Has anybody used this successfully? I was just going to buy one, but
>with a price north of $60 thought I'd check first.
>http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=39...
>Thanks,
>Mike

I haven't use one, but it's cheaper at:
http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemD...
All you need to get is the 2.5" hd adapter.

Stephen
September 4, 2005 1:37:00 AM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 21:36:59 GMT, Stephen <its@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>,;On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:53:39 -0400, "Mike Hollywood"
>,;<noone@nowheret.net> wrote:
>,;
>,;>Has anybody used this successfully? I was just going to buy one, but
>,;>with a price north of $60 thought I'd check first.
>,;>http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=39...
>,;>Thanks,
>,;>Mike

They are available on ebay for less than $20 US and include the
adapter for laptop HDs. Yes I have used them. They are great for a
temporary hookup to recover data, transfer files, etc. As a poster has
pointed out the HD is naked so be careful what it sits on.
>,;>
>,;
>,;I haven't use one, but it's cheaper at:
>,;http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemD...
>,;All you need to get is the 2.5" hd adapter.
>,;
>,;Stephen
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system