USB TO IDE AND LAPTOP DRIVE ADAPTER

Has anybody used this successfully? I was just going to buy one, but
with a price north of $60 thought I'd check first.
http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=39994
Thanks,
Mike
4 answers Last reply
More about laptop drive adapter

    "Mike Hollywood" <noone@nowheret.net> wrote in message
    > Has anybody used this successfully? I was just going to buy one, but
    > with a price north of $60 thought I'd check first.

    If I've got it right, this adapter has you connect a bare drive to the IDE
    end. That's ugly. There's usually circuits exposed on the underside of many
    drives.

    If you want to 'permanently' attach a laptop [2.5"] or a 3.5" drive to your
    pc, you're better off using an external enclosure. Try www.newegg.com -
    they've got a large selection.
    > http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=39994
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

    On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:53:39 -0400, "Mike Hollywood"
    <noone@nowheret.net> wrote:

    >Has anybody used this successfully? I was just going to buy one, but
    >with a price north of $60 thought I'd check first.
    >http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=39994
    >Thanks,
    >Mike

    I haven't use one, but it's cheaper at:
    http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=CRD10181
    All you need to get is the 2.5" hd adapter.

    Stephen

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 21:36:59 GMT, Stephen <its@invalid.invalid> wrote:

    >,;On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:53:39 -0400, "Mike Hollywood"
    >,;<noone@nowheret.net> wrote:
    >,;
    >,;>Has anybody used this successfully? I was just going to buy one, but
    >,;>with a price north of $60 thought I'd check first.
    >,;>http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=39994
    >,;>Thanks,
    >,;>Mike

    They are available on ebay for less than $20 US and include the
    adapter for laptop HDs. Yes I have used them. They are great for a
    temporary hookup to recover data, transfer files, etc. As a poster has
    pointed out the HD is naked so be careful what it sits on.
    >,;>
    >,;
    >,;I haven't use one, but it's cheaper at:
    >,;http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=CRD10181
    >,;All you need to get is the 2.5" hd adapter.
    >,;
    >,;Stephen

    thanks for the link Stephen,
    I just ordered one from them.
    Mike

    "Stephen" <its@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:53:39 -0400, "Mike Hollywood"
    > <noone@hnowheret.net> wrote:
    >>Has anybody used this successfully? I was just going to buy one, but
    >>with a price north of $60 thought I'd check first.
    >>http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=39994
    >>Thanks,
    >>Mike
    >>

    > I haven't use one, but it's cheaper at:
    > http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=CRD10181
    > All you need to get is the 2.5" hd adapter.
    >
    > Stephen

Homebuilt Laptops Hardware USB Systems