adding new PDC to network already with PDC

Hi All,

I've got a somewhat autonomous remote office that is attached to a corporate
backbone over a WAN link (i.e. we have our own subnet). We want to set up a
Win2003 Server PDC in order to create a test network for a client we are
giving a demo to. We don't have a lot of machines involved here, but we'd
likely be moving our corporate-domain machines to our new domain for the
duration of the test.

Notwithstanding any other tweaking, could there be any negative
ramifications on our existing PDC that runs our corp net? Would our test
PDC necessarily interfere or try to set up some kind of relationship with
the corp domains? Or would it be happy just living on it's own?

The reason I ask is that our outsourced IS provider can't answer these types
of questions without taking several weeks. And our developer machines still
need to communicate with corp DNS, e-mail and file shares, so a physically
separate network isn't practical.

I just need to know if we could possible hose something corporately if we
created our test domain.

Thanks in advance!

As long as you plan to give the new domain a different
name than your corp domain you shouldn't have any
problem setting up multiple domains on the same tcp/ip
subnet. Actually it's quite common.