enlarging pic with hp 2400 psc

I need some advice on enlarging a picture. I have a picture that is about
3X5 and i would like to enlarge to around 5X7. The exact size is all that
important, i just need to make it bigger and look good.
I have a HP 2400 color smart all in one scanner and printer. And Corel
Graphics Suite11
What is the correct way to do this?
I was thinking about scanning the picture at like 1200 dpi and then resize
to 5X7 and see if that works. What do i set the dpi when i scan the pic?
Is there a website that tells in detail how to do this?

Thanks for the help
Tom

"tcoop" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message
>I need some advice on enlarging a picture. I have a picture that is about 3X5
>and i would like to enlarge to around 5X7. The exact size is all that
>important, i just need to make it bigger and look good.

The easiest thing to do would be to load photo paper in the PSC 2410, put the
photo on the glass and then make a copy with the appropriate settings. (Press
copy twice, then select reduce/enlarge and enlarge about 150%. Select "Best"
and the appropriate photo paper type.)

Thanks for your help, i appreciate it....tom

"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> "tcoop" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>I need some advice on enlarging a picture. I have a picture that is about
>>3X5 and i would like to enlarge to around 5X7. The exact size is all that
>>important, i just need to make it bigger and look good.
>
> The easiest thing to do would be to load photo paper in the PSC 2410, put
> the photo on the glass and then make a copy with the appropriate settings.
> (Press copy twice, then select reduce/enlarge and enlarge about 150%.
> Select "Best" and the appropriate photo paper type.)

going from 3x5 to 5x7 would work scanning about about 500 to 600 dpi. Even
that is going to be pushing the limits of what detail there is on the prints.

Jon