Out of Range error installing kogi monitor on win98

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 6, 2005 12:32:28 AM

I am getting a out of range error when i hook up the Kogi monitor.
The error displays as:

H: 58.8KHZ
V: 85.3HZ

I haven't a clue what this is telling me. Perhaps an incompatiblilty
with the video card?

Currrently using a IBM 6547 Monitor
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
September 6, 2005 12:32:29 AM

It means Windows is currently using some above-standard frequency like
70hz+ that most cheapo monitors don't support. Either get another
monitor that supports it and change it with through the visual
properties, or start it in safe mode and try it that way.

--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

The refresh rate needs to be 60 Hz and you need to set the video card's
resolution output at EXACTLY the LCD's native resolution rating.

--
DaveW
__________

"jon" <jb2901@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I am getting a out of range error when i hook up the Kogi monitor.
> The error displays as:
>
> H: 58.8KHZ
> V: 85.3HZ
>
> I haven't a clue what this is telling me. Perhaps an incompatiblilty
> with the video card?
>
> Currrently using a IBM 6547 Monitor

a b B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
September 6, 2005 6:13:30 AM

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:59:52 -0700 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
Sheep and then "DaveW" <nowhere@dot.org> wrote :

>The refresh rate needs to be 60 Hz and you need to set the video card's
>resolution output at EXACTLY the LCD's native resolution rating.

Usual BS from this cunt!

--
Free Windows/PC help,
a b B Homebuilt system

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:32:28 GMT As Androids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
and then jb2901@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (jon) wrote :

>I am getting a out of range error when i hook up the Kogi monitor.
>The error displays as:
>
>H: 58.8KHZ
>V: 85.3HZ
>
>I haven't a clue what this is telling me. Perhaps an incompatiblilty
>with the video card?
>
>Currrently using a IBM 6547 Monitor

Go to your Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Display Adaptor and
set the monitor frequency to 75 Hz.
HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,