Out of Range error installing kogi monitor on win98

I am getting a out of range error when i hook up the Kogi monitor.
The error displays as:

H: 58.8KHZ
V: 85.3HZ

I haven't a clue what this is telling me. Perhaps an incompatiblilty
with the video card?

Currrently using a IBM 6547 Monitor
4 answers Last reply
More about range error installing kogi monitor win98

    It means Windows is currently using some above-standard frequency like
    70hz+ that most cheapo monitors don't support. Either get another
    monitor that supports it and change it with through the visual
    properties, or start it in safe mode and try it that way.

    --
    Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
    Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

    The refresh rate needs to be 60 Hz and you need to set the video card's
    resolution output at EXACTLY the LCD's native resolution rating.

    --
    DaveW
    __________

    "jon" <jb2901@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    >I am getting a out of range error when i hook up the Kogi monitor.
    > The error displays as:
    >
    > H: 58.8KHZ
    > V: 85.3HZ
    >
    > I haven't a clue what this is telling me. Perhaps an incompatiblilty
    > with the video card?
    >
    > Currrently using a IBM 6547 Monitor

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:59:52 -0700 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
    Sheep and then "DaveW" <nowhere@dot.org> wrote :

    >The refresh rate needs to be 60 Hz and you need to set the video card's
    >resolution output at EXACTLY the LCD's native resolution rating.

    Usual BS from this cunt!

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:32:28 GMT As Androids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
    and then jb2901@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (jon) wrote :

    >I am getting a out of range error when i hook up the Kogi monitor.
    >The error displays as:
    >
    >H: 58.8KHZ
    >V: 85.3HZ
    >
    >I haven't a clue what this is telling me. Perhaps an incompatiblilty
    >with the video card?
    >
    >Currrently using a IBM 6547 Monitor

    Go to your Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Display Adaptor and
    set the monitor frequency to 75 Hz.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,