best cooler for hot Intel

I'm one of the lucky one's with hot running Intel 3.4 processor. Been trying
a few different coolers with little success. What's the best I can run and
cool this beast down? Been considering a water cooler but not happy with the
price...

Bill

BigJim

mine runs at 44c when idle
gets up to 50c plus when gaming
I run the stock fan and heatsink but have 5 other fans in the box.
one is setup to blow cool room air right on the video and cpu.
my room is also air condition and set at around 74 f.

"Bill V." <rcnut360@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm one of the lucky one's with hot running Intel 3.4 processor. Been
> trying
> a few different coolers with little success. What's the best I can run and
> cool this beast down? Been considering a water cooler but not happy with
> the
> price...
>
> Bill

Jammie

"" wrote:
> mine runs at 44c when idle
> gets up to 50c plus when gaming
> I run the stock fan and heatsink but have 5 other fans in the
> box.
> one is setup to blow cool room air right on the video and cpu.
> my room is also air condition and set at around 74 f.
>
> "Bill V." <rcnut360@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I'm one of the lucky one's with hot running Intel 3.4
> processor. Been
> > trying
> > a few different coolers with little success. What's the best
> I can run and
> > cool this beast down? Been considering a water cooler but
> not happy with
> > the
> > price...
> >
> > Bill

I have seen some water cooling systems around for quite cheap less
than £100 althouh i am aware that you probably live in america. If you
search around you should be ble to find 1 for about $150 if i am ryt
just make sure it has a warranty and support over your system as it
probably will b cheap.

jamie

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-cooler-hot-Intel-ftopict61659.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=311141

"Bill V." <rcnut360@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm one of the lucky one's with hot running Intel 3.4 processor.
Been trying
> a few different coolers with little success. What's the best I can
run and
> cool this beast down? Been considering a water cooler but not happy
with the
> price...

Assuming you have a socket-775 Prescott, what you need is A) an Arctic
Cooling Freezer 7 and B) to read the installation proceedure 8 times
before trying to install it.

Newegg has a _large_ number of reader reviews of the Freezer 7. The
reviewers are either ecstatically happy or abysmally miserable due to
improper installation. The unhappy ones are more strongly motivated
to write in, of course.

Seriously: install a Freezer 7. Take great care with the
installation.

thermalright xp120 if you have room for it, xp90 if you dont.