Windows Vista Hardware Requirements

Tom's Hardware has posted an article that purports that Vista may require 2
GB of DDR3 RAM in order to run. And that's just for starters.
Read here: http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050908_100000.html

--
DaveW
__________

    "DaveW" <nowhere@dot.org> wrote in message
    > Tom's Hardware has posted an article that purports that Vista may require
    > 2 GB of DDR3 RAM in order to run. And that's just for starters.
    > Read here: http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050908_100000.html

    Hardware will catch up to the "Holiday 2006" release date. Besides,
    Microsoft has bigger software problems right now. Their OpenGL
    implementation is a dog. .NET is still up in the air, or at least its Java
    like promises are a long ways off. The WinFX world is foggy as hell right
    now. Gamers are out. Servers don't need the eye candy. And developers
    are chasing dangling carrots hoping to master this land of confusion (curb
    the market on newly ported software). Damn, I hate Microsoft.

    Where would the computer industry be without MS? You hate MS yet they are
    responsible for pushing computers to where they are today........still
    installing xinux are you?

    "Brian" <brian@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > "DaveW" <nowhere@dot.org> wrote in message
    > > Tom's Hardware has posted an article that purports that Vista may
    require
    > > 2 GB of DDR3 RAM in order to run. And that's just for starters.
    > > Read here: http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050908_100000.html
    >
    > Hardware will catch up to the "Holiday 2006" release date. Besides,
    > Microsoft has bigger software problems right now. Their OpenGL
    > implementation is a dog. .NET is still up in the air, or at least its
    Java
    > like promises are a long ways off. The WinFX world is foggy as hell right
    > now. Gamers are out. Servers don't need the eye candy. And developers
    > are chasing dangling carrots hoping to master this land of confusion (curb
    > the market on newly ported software). Damn, I hate Microsoft.

    "Brian" <brian@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > "DaveW" <nowhere@dot.org> wrote in message
    >> Tom's Hardware has posted an article that purports that Vista may require
    >> 2 GB of DDR3 RAM in order to run. And that's just for starters.
    >> Read here: http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050908_100000.html
    >
    > Hardware will catch up to the "Holiday 2006" release date. Besides,
    > Microsoft has bigger software problems right now. Their OpenGL
    > implementation is a dog. .NET is still up in the air, or at least its
    > Java like promises are a long ways off. The WinFX world is foggy as hell
    > right now. Gamers are out. Servers don't need the eye candy. And
    > developers are chasing dangling carrots hoping to master this land of
    > confusion (curb the market on newly ported software). Damn, I hate
    > Microsoft.

    I'd say that is pretty obvious, so why be concerned with possible problems
    with their new operating system? Use the one you have now or learn Linux and
    bitch about that. Of course with Linux there is no one person or company to
    blame or hate.

    "Brian" <brian@nowhere.com> wrote:

    > Hardware will catch up to the "Holiday 2006" release date.
    > Besides, Microsoft has bigger software problems right now.
    > Their OpenGL implementation is a dog. .NET is still up in the
    > air, or at least its Java like promises are a long ways off.
    > The WinFX world is foggy as hell right now. Gamers are out.

    Not sure what you mean. Gaming is just fine on Windows XP.

    > ... Damn, I hate Microsoft.

    I just wish Microsoft would have been corrected. But our current
    (United States) administration is all for "might makes right". It
    doesn't know that businesses must play by rules. That practice is
    our current foreign policy as well. Unfortunately, Democrats are
    just as gung ho. And all of it is eating away at our country.

    John Doe wrote:
    > "Brian" <brian@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >>Hardware will catch up to the "Holiday 2006" release date.
    >>Besides, Microsoft has bigger software problems right now.
    >>Their OpenGL implementation is a dog. .NET is still up in the
    >>air, or at least its Java like promises are a long ways off.
    >>The WinFX world is foggy as hell right now. Gamers are out.
    >

    > Not sure what you mean. Gaming is just fine on Windows XP.
    >

    >>... Damn, I hate Microsoft.
    >

    > I just wish Microsoft would have been corrected. But our current
    > (United States) administration is all for "might makes right". It
    > doesn't know that businesses must play by rules. That practice is
    > our current foreign policy as well. Unfortunately, Democrats are
    > just as gung ho. And all of it is eating away at our country.

    Oh sure. Hurricanes would cease, poverty would end, Bin Laden would rejoice
    and we'd enter the peace millennium 'if only' Microsoft were 'corrected'.

    What in the world are you sniffing/slurping/snorting?

    "PWY" <pyork22@*mail.com> wrote in message

    > "Brian" <brian@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >> "DaveW" <nowhere@dot.org> wrote in message
    >>> Tom's Hardware has posted an article that purports that Vista may
    >>> require 2 GB of DDR3 RAM in order to run. And that's just for starters.
    >>> Read here: http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050908_100000.html
    >>
    >> Hardware will catch up to the "Holiday 2006" release date. Besides,
    >> Microsoft has bigger software problems right now. Their OpenGL
    >> implementation is a dog. .NET is still up in the air, or at least its
    >> Java like promises are a long ways off. The WinFX world is foggy as hell
    >> right now. Gamers are out. Servers don't need the eye candy. And
    >> developers are chasing dangling carrots hoping to master this land of
    >> confusion (curb the market on newly ported software). Damn, I hate
    >> Microsoft.
    >>

    > I'd say that is pretty obvious, so why be concerned with possible problems
    > with their new operating system?

    You seem to be reading more into my post than I inteded: Microsoft has more
    software concerns than hardware concerns. Examples listed. Frustration
    expressed at learning a new API that's a moving target.

    > Use the one you have now or learn Linux and bitch about that.

    You're bitching about me bitching. Clever. Or stupid. Whichever.

    > Of course with Linux there is no one person or company to blame or hate.

    So your own analogy is flawed. Few can pull off the "opensource is just
    like Microsoft" argument.

    But since you started the topic, why do you think my personal OS choice has
    any bearing on the industry trends at all? A new Microsoft OS will be
    released. A new version of Office will be released. *Developers will adopt
    Vista*. Consumers will adopt Vista. Microsoft will eventually drop support
    for XP. Businesses will adopt Vista. Hardware will move to 64-bits. Vista
    will be preferred over XP/32. Hardware will move to multiple cores.
    Software will be developed for multiple cores, but target the Vista
    platform. Software will be developed for 64-bit but target the Vista
    platform.

    The forward momentum started years ago. Microsoft deserves some bitching
    for getting too ambitious in world domination.

    In article <aridnQrgrrIk_73eRVn-uQ@comcast.com>, DaveW says...
    > Tom's Hardware has posted an article that purports that Vista may require 2
    > GB of DDR3 RAM in order to run. And that's just for starters.
    > Read here: http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050908_100000.html

    And its bollocks considering the BETA runs fine on current hardware.
    Vista is no more than XP with a few whistles and bells added.

    --
    Conor

    "You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
    Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

    On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 23:13:41 +0100, Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >And its bollocks considering the BETA runs fine on current hardware.
    >Vista is no more than XP with a few whistles and bells added.

    It's my understanding that Vista will adapt to your hardware so while
    it will run with all the eye candy etc. on dual 64 cpu, 512mb video
    card, DATA2 HDD, and 2gb of ram it will also run fine on a lower end
    system. It will lower the graphics qaulity of the GUI etc. to match
    your hardware.

    David Maynard <nospam private.net> wrote:
    > John Doe wrote:

    >> Have you seen the picture of our president smiling and playing with
    >> a guitar while people were drowning in hurricane Katrina?

    > Get a clue.

    Obviously that fact rubs you the wrong way.

    Cope with it.

    John Doe wrote:

    > David Maynard <nospam private.net> wrote:
    >
    >>John Doe wrote:

    >>>Have you seen the picture of our president smiling and playing with
    >>>a guitar while people were drowning in hurricane Katrina?
    >

    >>Get a clue.
    >

    > Obviously that fact rubs you the wrong way.
    >
    > Cope with it.

    You wouldn't know what a 'fact' was if it bit you on the nose, as is
    evidenced by you snipping what really are 'facts'.

    David Maynard <nospam@private.net> wrote:

    > You wouldn't know what a 'fact' was if it bit you on the nose,
    > as is evidenced by you snipping what really are 'facts'.

    All I presented was a single, simple fact. That our president was
    smiling and playing with a guitar in front of an audience while
    thousands of people were drowning in hurricane Katrina. Maybe
    implied, but I expressed no comment. What part of the fact is
    difficult to understand?

    OUR PRESIDENT WAS SMILING AND PLAYING WITH A GUITAR IN FRONT
    OF AN AUDIENCE WHILE AT THE SAME TIME THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WERE
    DROWNING IN HURRICANE KATRINA

    And David Maynard makes pathetic excuses for that. That's just
    pathetic.

    John Doe wrote:

    > David Maynard <nospam@private.net> wrote:
    >

    >>You wouldn't know what a 'fact' was if it bit you on the nose,
    >>as is evidenced by you snipping what really are 'facts'.
    >

    > All I presented was a single, simple fact. That our president was
    > smiling and playing with a guitar in front of an audience while
    > thousands of people were drowning in hurricane Katrina. Maybe
    > implied, but I expressed no comment. What part of the fact is
    > difficult to understand?
    >
    > OUR PRESIDENT WAS SMILING AND PLAYING WITH A GUITAR IN FRONT
    > OF AN AUDIENCE WHILE AT THE SAME TIME THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WERE
    > DROWNING IN HURRICANE KATRINA
    >
    > And David Maynard makes pathetic excuses for that. That's just
    > pathetic.

    Thank you. That's precisely the ignorant, mindless, rabid drivel I was
    alluding to.

    Yes, the 'picture' exists. So do pictures of the Grand Canyon and if guitar
    playing suits your fancy Willy Nelson comes to mind. Or, if you prefer
    electric, pick any rock band because they're all just as irrelevant to the
    Katrina disaster and contribute not one thing other than to provide
    gibberish for the mad dog, frothing mouth lunatic fringe to babble about.
    Not that they needed that particular picture. If it didn't exist they'd
    dream up something else equally moronic, thinking themselves clever for
    doing so, such as "Bush turns on light bulb while New Orleans in the dark"
    or "Bush takes a leak while New Orleans a sewer."

    And that's the sort of idiotic drivel you call "a simple fact." Simpleton,
    yes. 'Fact' of any substance, no.

    The real 'facts' are that Bush made an emergency declaration on August 27,
    two days before the storm hit on August 29, so that federal and private aid
    was prepositioned, primed and ready to go, at the beck and call of the duly
    elected State and Local Governments who are the ONLY Constitutionally
    authorized entities for those matters. They not only failed to beckon but
    specifically and intentionally BLOCKED aid from entering the region, to
    prevent the shelters from becoming "magnets," while, at the same time,
    failing to provide adequate means for those who were trapped to get out.

    And there's not a blessed thing Bush could Constitutionally do about it,
    whether or not he eschewed guitar playing, turned off light bulbs, or held
    his water for 2 weeks, until the State and Local Governments finally
    acquiesced and allowed aid to flow.

    That is, unless the mad dog, frothing mouth, lunatic fringe has decided to
    elevate Bush to the status of 'King' so that he may invade any State
    whenever he feels they aren't doing things the way he'd like.

    In article <6ph1i1tt9o6oehblv0vi1ninq1gj39hhuv@4ax.com>, Praxiteles
    Democritus says...
    > On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 23:13:41 +0100, Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >And its bollocks considering the BETA runs fine on current hardware.
    > >Vista is no more than XP with a few whistles and bells added.
    >
    > It's my understanding that Vista will adapt to your hardware so while
    > it will run with all the eye candy etc. on dual 64 cpu, 512mb video
    > card, DATA2 HDD, and 2gb of ram it will also run fine on a lower end
    > system. It will lower the graphics qaulity of the GUI etc. to match
    > your hardware.

    Exactly.

    --
    Conor

    "You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
    Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

Homebuilt Hardware Tom's Hardware Windows Vista Systems