BLUETOOTH PASSCODE - HELP!!!!

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
August 7, 2005 1:39:01 AM

My phone recognizes my computer, but then I get a request for the "PASSCODE".
I've searched the files and folders, control panel, hp web site, microsoft
knowledge base, and now I'm here.

This code is also an authentication code. I guess it's so unwanted persons
don't snoop in your computer.

No one seems to know how to find the code on this computer or how to set one
up. I know it can't be difficult, but I don't know where to look.

I'm use a Nokia 6620 phone and an HP computer.

Thanks for ny help.

Dan

More about : bluetooth passcode

Anonymous
a b α HP
August 7, 2005 11:37:08 AM

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 21:39:01 -0700, Soto wrote:

> My phone recognizes my computer, but then I get a request for the "PASSCODE".
> I've searched the files and folders, control panel, hp web site, microsoft
> knowledge base, and now I'm here.
>
> This code is also an authentication code. I guess it's so unwanted persons
> don't snoop in your computer.
>
> No one seems to know how to find the code on this computer or how to set one
> up. I know it can't be difficult, but I don't know where to look.
>
> I'm use a Nokia 6620 phone and an HP computer.
>
> Thanks for ny help.
>
> Dan

Go to the nokia site, look in the 6620 manual for bluetooth pairing, around
page 96.
August 7, 2005 3:02:52 PM

are you sure its not a code to get into the phone? any dumb bluetooth
device like keyboards and mice i have set up you just push the button, it
gets found and works. i would expect that a phone would want to have
someone give it a password so that not any old computer that it comes in
range of would have access to all your phone numbers and stuff stored in
it... so try asking nokia maybe.

"Soto" <Soto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My phone recognizes my computer, but then I get a request for the
> "PASSCODE".
> I've searched the files and folders, control panel, hp web site,
> microsoft
> knowledge base, and now I'm here.
>
> This code is also an authentication code. I guess it's so unwanted
> persons
> don't snoop in your computer.
>
> No one seems to know how to find the code on this computer or how to set
> one
> up. I know it can't be difficult, but I don't know where to look.
>
> I'm use a Nokia 6620 phone and an HP computer.
>
> Thanks for ny help.
>
> Dan
a b α HP
August 11, 2005 1:10:53 PM

Hi Soto

I have the same problem with my Sharp phone. Everytime I want to download
stuff from the phone I have to re-establish the bluetooth pairing.
This is what I do....

-Insert the bluetooth dongle into pc (if yours is integral then just switch
it on)
-Right click on the bluetooth logo and show devices
-Delete my phone from the list
-Tell the pc to search for bluetooth devices (after making sure bluetooth is
enabled on the phone)

-This is the bit you want: Let the PC assign a passcode for me. It then
tells me what the code is and i enter it into the phone when it asks me to.

-Wait a few seconds and hey presto we have phone and pc talking to each
other. :o )

Hope this helps

"Soto" wrote:

> My phone recognizes my computer, but then I get a request for the "PASSCODE".
> I've searched the files and folders, control panel, hp web site, microsoft
> knowledge base, and now I'm here.
>
> This code is also an authentication code. I guess it's so unwanted persons
> don't snoop in your computer.
>
> No one seems to know how to find the code on this computer or how to set one
> up. I know it can't be difficult, but I don't know where to look.
>
> I'm use a Nokia 6620 phone and an HP computer.
>
> Thanks for ny help.
>
> Dan
August 4, 2012 2:44:23 PM

I tired this, doesn't seem to work. I am using Nokia E72 and Dell with windows 7 ultimate.

I try sending a picture from my phone, my computer ask for a passcode for my phone and I type the device name which worked. Once this is accepted my phone ask for a passcode for my system in terurn and this is where I just have no clue where to get the passcode for my computer. :(

Quote:

!