My Child is checking out Adult sites, need help.

Despite several talks with my 10 yo son, and his agreeing not to visit
adult porn sites, I'm finding evidance that his is.
I would like to prepare a coup de grace.
I'm looking for a program that is like a key logger "PLUS".
THe plus means it will send me pics of the web sites as well as teh
address, and key logs.
I don't know the name of the software to use, can any one help?
It would be ran on an XP system, where I have the admin priv.

Can anyone suggest such ware?

EG
15 answers Last reply
More about child checking adult sites help

    www.netnanny.com

    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Norton internet security

    "Eve Giddion" <Eve@Giddion.Com> wrote in message
    > Despite several talks with my 10 yo son, and his agreeing not to visit
    > adult porn sites, I'm finding evidance that his is.
    > I would like to prepare a coup de grace.
    > I'm looking for a program that is like a key logger "PLUS".
    > THe plus means it will send me pics of the web sites as well as teh
    > address, and key logs.
    > I don't know the name of the software to use, can any one help?
    > It would be ran on an XP system, where I have the admin priv.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest such ware?
    >
    > EG

    the software is built into windows parental controls. The cookies and links
    in the temp folder or the index.dat file ought to be enough. Turning into
    Inspector Clouseau, won't add much to your case. Follow the links back and
    see what the source may have been, email link or google searching...etc...

    JAD wrote:

    > the software is built into windows parental controls. The cookies and links
    > in the temp folder or the index.dat file ought to be enough. Turning into
    > Inspector Clouseau, won't add much to your case. Follow the links back and
    > see what the source may have been, email link or google searching...etc...

    Yes; the cause for such sites to end up in the cache (I believe this
    may be what you mean) can be perfectly normal; searches, various types
    of ads randomly dumping cookies (I have noticed that a fair number of
    game cheat/crack sites do host adult-site ads, which then put
    themselves into the browser cache), etc.

    Not to be harsh, but straight-out assuming that your son is really
    surfing to these sites is a bit hasty, don't you think?

    > "Eve Giddion" <Eve@Giddion.Com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Despite several talks with my 10 yo son, and his agreeing not to visit
    >>adult porn sites, I'm finding evidance that his is.

    What sort of evidence? Are the sites actually in the location bar, or
    just the history? If they are only in the history, the problem could
    be a disguised link in an email.

    "Dreamstalker" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > JAD wrote:
    >
    > > the software is built into windows parental controls. The cookies and
    links
    > > in the temp folder or the index.dat file ought to be enough. Turning
    into
    > > Inspector Clouseau, won't add much to your case. Follow the links back
    and
    > > see what the source may have been, email link or google
    searching...etc...

    > Yes; the cause for such sites to end up in the cache (I believe this
    > may be what you mean) can be perfectly normal; searches, various types
    > of ads randomly dumping cookies (I have noticed that a fair number of
    > game cheat/crack sites do host adult-site ads, which then put
    > themselves into the browser cache), etc.
    >
    > Not to be harsh, but straight-out assuming that your son is really
    > surfing to these sites is a bit hasty, don't you think?

    I suppose, I don't tell other people how to raise their
    kids.................and since I am not the OP, maybe you should ask him?

    JAD wrote:

    > the software is built into windows parental controls. The cookies and links
    > in the temp folder or the index.dat file ought to be enough. Turning into
    > Inspector Clouseau, won't add much to your case. Follow the links back and
    > see what the source may have been, email link or google searching...etc...

    Yes; the cause for such sites to end up in the cache (I believe this
    may be what she means) can be perfectly normal; searches (sites
    indexed as something innocuous), various types of ads randomly dumping
    cookies (I have noticed that a fair number of game cheat/crack sites
    do host adult-site ads, which then put themselves into the browser
    cache), etc.

    Not to be harsh, but straight-out assuming that your son is really
    surfing to these sites is a bit hasty, don't you think?

    > "Eve Giddion" <Eve@Giddion.Com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Despite several talks with my 10 yo son, and his agreeing not to visit
    >>adult porn sites, I'm finding evidance that his is.

    What sort of evidence? Are the sites actually in the location bar, or
    just the history? If they are only in the history, the problem could
    be a disguised link in an email.

    If all you want is to "monitor" his activity and get screenshots then this
    will work:
    http://www.actmon.com/am/

    Fitz

    "Eve Giddion" <Eve@Giddion.Com> wrote in message
    > Despite several talks with my 10 yo son, and his agreeing not to visit
    > adult porn sites, I'm finding evidance that his is.
    > I would like to prepare a coup de grace.
    > I'm looking for a program that is like a key logger "PLUS".
    > THe plus means it will send me pics of the web sites as well as teh
    > address, and key logs.
    > I don't know the name of the software to use, can any one help?
    > It would be ran on an XP system, where I have the admin priv.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest such ware?
    >
    > EG

    I had this with my teenage son. It turned out he wasn't going to porn sites,
    he was trying to download game cheats. A lot of the sites that provide game
    cracks/cheats link to porn sites, which then end up in your browser history.
    If he is really visiting porn sites, how about just confroning him with the
    browser history and threatening to remove his use of the PC if he doesn't
    stop?

    SteveH

    Kadaitcha Man wrote:
    > SteveH, <steve.hough@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk>, the screechy, smelling fruit
    > cocktail, and church officer who attends the magistrates and justices at
    > court for the purpose of bribery, sneered:
    >
    >>A lot of the sites that
    >>provide game cracks/cheats link to porn sites, which then end up in
    >>your browser history.
    >
    > Links do not end up in the
    > browser history unless you take the link

    Not the "history" per se, I believe he meant the cache? I -have-
    found that to be the case with some game/MP3 sites; that, or they have
    ads for such sites which then also end up in the cache.

    Eve Giddion wrote:
    > Despite several talks with my 10 yo son, and his agreeing not to visit
    > adult porn sites, I'm finding evidance that his is.
    > I would like to prepare a coup de grace.
    > I'm looking for a program that is like a key logger "PLUS".
    > THe plus means it will send me pics of the web sites as well as teh
    > address, and key logs.
    > I don't know the name of the software to use, can any one help?
    > It would be ran on an XP system, where I have the admin priv.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest such ware?
    >
    > EG

    Not exactly what you're looking for, but some of the newer routers have
    site name restriction features to block these sites from sending data to
    the computer. Following that are content filtering packages such as
    netnanny and others. What you want is available, one that takes periodic
    screen captures, I just don't know the name of it offhand.

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    Eve Giddion writes:

    > Despite several talks with my 10 yo son, and his agreeing not to visit
    > adult porn sites, I'm finding evidance that his is.

    Short of forbidding him access to the Internet, there isn't any
    reliable way to prevent him from visiting porn sites.

    JAD wrote:

    > "Dreamstalker" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Yes; the cause for such sites to end up in the cache (I believe this
    >>may be what you mean) can be perfectly normal; searches, various types
    >>of ads randomly dumping cookies (I have noticed that a fair number of
    >>game cheat/crack sites do host adult-site ads, which then put
    >>themselves into the browser cache), etc.
    >>
    >>Not to be harsh, but straight-out assuming that your son is really
    >>surfing to these sites is a bit hasty, don't you think?
    >
    > I suppose, I don't tell other people how to raise their
    > kids.................and since I am not the OP, maybe you should ask him?

    Sorry; that -was- meant for the OP (if they're even still here).

    I have the same problem here :-) at the university. This works.
    I'm assuming your son does not have admin rights .. that
    he is just a "user" in his own account.
    If not .. go to START - CONTROL PANEL - ADMIN TOOLS
    COMP MANAGEMENT - LOCAL USERS AND GROUPS
    . USERS and Rclick on his account - select PROPERTIES
    and make him a member of "users", and remove his
    membership as ADMINISTRATORS.
    Next: In your sons account open IE6, and select TOOLS -
    INTERNET OPTIONS - CONNECTIONS - LAN SETTINGS
    - and in 3rd box down, select USE A PROXY SERVER.
    In that box for the proxy name, type in DUMMY .. and
    exit out. Note that now, all web access is turned off :-)
    Next: In the Administrator account, go to START - RUN
    and type in gpedit.msc. select ADMINISTRATIVE
    TEMPLATES - WINDOWS COMPONENTS - WINDOWS
    EXPLORER. Highlight WE, and look to the right window.
    double click the 3rd option and select ENABLE. That
    prevents your son from reseting the proxy option.

    HEH! I love this one. Go get him Eve.

    johns
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

    fool, popups do
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    On 12 Sep 2005 12:34:19 -0700, "johns" <johns123@moscow.com> wrote:

    >Next: In the Administrator account, go to START - RUN
    > and type in gpedit.msc.
    >johns

    gpedit.msc is only available in XP Pro.

Homebuilt Systems