NT4 User manager on XP Pro

I am running a NT4 domain and recently upgraded my workstation ot Windows XP.
On Windows 2000 I used to be able to use User manager for domains to add
accounts, change passwords, etc. On the XP workstation I can open User
manager, but trying to do anything gives an error"a device attached to the
system is not functioning"
3 answers Last reply
More about user manager

    NetBIOS over tcp/ip is enabled on the XP pro
    machine? If you are running SP 2 the firewall
    feature might be blocking NetBIOS packets.

    "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > I am running a NT4 domain and recently upgraded my workstation ot Windows
    XP.
    > On Windows 2000 I used to be able to use User manager for domains to add
    > accounts, change passwords, etc. On the XP workstation I can open User
    > manager, but trying to do anything gives an error"a device attached to the
    > system is not functioning"

    I turned the SP2 firewall off due to various other legacy software
    incompatibilities. I ste to use NetBIOS over TCP/IP but still get the same
    error.

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

    > NetBIOS over tcp/ip is enabled on the XP pro
    > machine? If you are running SP 2 the firewall
    > feature might be blocking NetBIOS packets.
    >
    > "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > > I am running a NT4 domain and recently upgraded my workstation ot Windows
    > XP.
    > > On Windows 2000 I used to be able to use User manager for domains to add
    > > accounts, change passwords, etc. On the XP workstation I can open User
    > > manager, but trying to do anything gives an error"a device attached to the
    > > system is not functioning"

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    Quite an interesting error ot say the least.
    Can you successfully map to a share on the
    PDC from this XP machine?
    "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    >I turned the SP2 firewall off due to various other legacy software
    > incompatibilities. I ste to use NetBIOS over TCP/IP but still get the same
    > error.

Domain Workstations Windows XP Windows