how to determine which DC authenticated me?

Ziek

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2004

is there a command i can issue to determine which domain controller
authenticated me when I logged in to the domain?

Why would you want to know? The domain principle makes you kind of
independent of individiual servers.

"Ziek" <ziek@nomail.net> wrote in message
> is there a command i can issue to determine which domain controller
> authenticated me when I logged in to the domain?

Ziek

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2004

i'm testing things in my environment and this information is critical..

"Guus Ellenkamp" <Ellenkamp_Guus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Why would you want to know? The domain principle makes you kind of
> independent of individiual servers.
>
> "Ziek" <ziek@nomail.net> wrote in message
> > is there a command i can issue to determine which domain controller
> > authenticated me when I logged in to the domain?

open a dos prompt and run:
echo %logonserver%

"Guus Ellenkamp" <Ellenkamp_Guus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
> Why would you want to know? The domain principle makes you kind of
> independent of individiual servers.

Alternately at a DOS prompt type :
set

Shows some additional info as well.....

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote in
message news:%23TgVl57WFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> open a dos prompt and run:
> echo %logonserver%
>

> "Guus Ellenkamp" <Ellenkamp_Guus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
>> Why would you want to know? The domain principle makes you kind of
>> independent of individiual servers.

I knew it was an easier way but the command eluded
me.. Thanks Scott.
"Scott Harding" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
> Alternately at a DOS prompt type :
> set
>
> Shows some additional info as well.....

And I didn't know your command either :) Learn something new everyday.....

--

message news:e9cHcQ9WFHA.1044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...