how to determine which DC authenticated me?

is there a command i can issue to determine which domain controller
authenticated me when I logged in to the domain?
6 answers Last reply
More about determine authenticated

    Why would you want to know? The domain principle makes you kind of
    independent of individiual servers.

    "Ziek" <ziek@nomail.net> wrote in message
    > is there a command i can issue to determine which domain controller
    > authenticated me when I logged in to the domain?

    i'm testing things in my environment and this information is critical..

    "Guus Ellenkamp" <Ellenkamp_Guus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Why would you want to know? The domain principle makes you kind of
    > independent of individiual servers.
    >
    > "Ziek" <ziek@nomail.net> wrote in message
    > > is there a command i can issue to determine which domain controller
    > > authenticated me when I logged in to the domain?

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    open a dos prompt and run:
    echo %logonserver%

    "Guus Ellenkamp" <Ellenkamp_Guus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
    > Why would you want to know? The domain principle makes you kind of
    > independent of individiual servers.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    Alternately at a DOS prompt type :
    set

    Shows some additional info as well.....

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote in
    message news:%23TgVl57WFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > open a dos prompt and run:
    > echo %logonserver%
    >

    > "Guus Ellenkamp" <Ellenkamp_Guus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
    >> Why would you want to know? The domain principle makes you kind of
    >> independent of individiual servers.

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    I knew it was an easier way but the command eluded
    me.. Thanks Scott.
    "Scott Harding" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
    > Alternately at a DOS prompt type :
    > set
    >
    > Shows some additional info as well.....
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    And I didn't know your command either :) Learn something new everyday.....

    --

    message news:e9cHcQ9WFHA.1044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >I knew it was an easier way but the command eluded
    > me.. Thanks Scott.
    > "Scott Harding" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
    >> Alternately at a DOS prompt type :
    >> set