Windows NT 4.0 To Windows 2003 Migration

Does Any know if I migrate all of my windows NT 4.0 domain accounts to
windows 2003 plus their security identifiers, will it allow me to rename my
2003 domain controller back to my oringinal name and have all of the existing
profiles be useable from the windows NT 4.0 Doamin Controller.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows windows 2003 migration

    I don't think this will work but it wouldn't hurt to
    try. Let us know. Better to upgrade the domain
    and transfer the roles to the new W2k3 server?

    "Jamie" <Jamie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > Does Any know if I migrate all of my windows NT 4.0 domain accounts to
    > windows 2003 plus their security identifiers, will it allow me to rename
    my
    > 2003 domain controller back to my oringinal name and have all of the
    existing
    > profiles be useable from the windows NT 4.0 Doamin Controller.

    Thanks for responding to my post, I'll try this and let you know if it worked.

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

    > I don't think this will work but it wouldn't hurt to
    > try. Let us know. Better to upgrade the domain
    > and transfer the roles to the new W2k3 server?
    >
    > "Jamie" <Jamie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > > Does Any know if I migrate all of my windows NT 4.0 domain accounts to
    > > windows 2003 plus their security identifiers, will it allow me to rename
    > my
    > > 2003 domain controller back to my oringinal name and have all of the
    > existing
    > > profiles be useable from the windows NT 4.0 Doamin Controller.

Domain Windows Server 2003 Windows NT Windows