NT Domain and 2003 Domain login problems

Problem:
-we have a v'old NT single domain structure that works fine.
-we are creating a second windows 2003 single domain structure as an interim
in order to test full functionality with bespoke applicaions.
-a two way trust has been set between the 2 domains in order to migrate
users from one domain to the other and allow access to all old bespoke
applications.
-everything seems to be working fine apart from if a user who has not been
migrated, logs on to a computer that has been migrated.

In other words a windows XP computer that belongs to the 2003 domain is used
to interactively logon to the windows NT domain (change domain in domain
logon list). the computer begins login fine and then hangs at "please wait -
and a half. The computer then finishes logging on and the user can use the
computer successfully.

Please help!!

First check your DNS, Check your DNS settings. Windows 2002, 2003 and XP use
DNS for everything.
ALL Machines should be using the DNS on your 2003 Domain Controller. I
repeat ALL machines.
The only place to have your ISPs DNS is as a forwarder on Your 2003 DC's
DNS. Also this machine (DNS) should have a zone for your NT domain, either
primary or secondary.