I'm also new to the game. As a non pilot I find the flight lessons
good. The other day I read where you can look at the learning center
file out of the game. I tried that and found it nice to read them out
of frames.

This brings up another question I have. In the game under settings I
can look at my keyboard- joystick shortcuts is there a way to look at
and print this file out of the game? Being lazy I would rather print
a file that's already made that to make one jumping back and forth
between programs.

Thank you
Mike

Hi Mike,

You can open and print the keyboard shortcuts from your internet
browser. The file is: kneeboard_keys.htm. You can find this file in
the aircraft subdirectory.

Good luck!
Mike

<Mixmaster> wrote in message
> Hi Mike,
>
> You can open and print the keyboard shortcuts from your internet
> browser. The file is: kneeboard_keys.htm. You can find this file in
> the aircraft subdirectory.
>
> Good luck!
> Mike

Just to add to your post Mike, he should be aware that many of the
"possible" controller actions found under SETTINGS do not have hotkeys
assigned by default--these will not be included in the printout. Only the
default settings are in that .htm file.

Paul

Hi Mike,
There is also fs9keyref.zip which is downloadable from

FS2004.com

under Downloads/miscellaneous

This is a pdf file which will print out several keyboard shortcuts in
glorious tecnicolor and is a great reference.

Best of luck!

--
Quilljar
Website

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Mike Wheelock" wrote in message
> I'm also new to the game. As a non pilot I find the flight lessons
> good. The other day I read where you can look at the learning center
> file out of the game. I tried that and found it nice to read them out
> of frames.
>
> This brings up another question I have. In the game under settings I
> can look at my keyboard- joystick shortcuts is there a way to look at
> and print this file out of the game? Being lazy I would rather print
> a file that's already made that to make one jumping back and forth
> between programs.
>
> Thank you
> Mike

GAME ???

Just kidding. Welcome aboard!

As others have pointed out, all the help stuff in FS9 is just simply HTML.
Also, you might find convenient, is that the "Kneeboard" in FS9 is actually
a web browser as well -- fully capable of displaying pretty much anything ya
might want to throw at it such as external internet links, PDF files,
Shockwaves, ect. Convienent when ya want to pull up approach plates or even
web browse without leaving the cockpit. I also use a little shockwave
program that resembles "Write", nice for jotting down notes. Paths for the
help files follow, hopefully they won't become broken by not wrapping
correctly.

Cheers!
-Eric

Learning Center:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Flight%20Simulator%209/Uires/lc01.htm

Flying Lessons:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Flight%20Simulator%209/Uires/fl01.htm

Historical Center:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Flight%20Simulator%209/Uires/hc01.htm

Getting Started:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Flight%20Simulator%209/Uires/gs01.htm

Microsoft Live Web:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Flight%20Simulator%209/Uires/fsliveweb.htm

Arthur

Ya??

(SNIP)