XP Administrator User

August 9, 2004 8:33:01 PM

One of the workers in my office somehow deleted the administrator user on his
pc. Now It will only boot up as the restricted user. How can I set up a new
administrator without being logged in as one?

More about : administrator user

Anonymous
August 10, 2004 12:10:24 AM

It is impossible to remove the original Administrator.
Look again, it must be there but maybe in another name

--
Bob M.

"Mark K" <MarkK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of the workers in my office somehow deleted the administrator user on
his
> pc. Now It will only boot up as the restricted user. How can I set up a
new
> administrator without being logged in as one?
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 1:37:38 PM

You can't. Only admins can.

OTOH one can't delete administrator either. It hides under certain conditions (as it should) but still works. It can be disabled or renamed.

But we would need to know all relevent configuration info to guess what is happening.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123...

!