Cooling an Intel 830

I am looking for a cooling solution for and Intel 830 (dual core). I would
like to keep the noise level down, and have heard that the included fan is
very noisy. I have been waiting for the Zalman 9500, but it seems more like
a mirage at this point. I will be probably using either an Intel D955XBK or
an Asus P5WD2, and housing in a Thermaltake or an Antec case.

I do not need silence, but I do not want to have to work next to a 747 on
takeoff.

TIA

"Paolo Pignatelli" <Paolo@DotNetStore.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for a cooling solution for and Intel 830 (dual core).
I would
> like to keep the noise level down, and have heard that the included
fan is
> very noisy. I have been waiting for the Zalman 9500, but it seems
more like
> a mirage at this point.

Sharkacomputers.com claims to be shipping from stock. Has been for
2-3 days now. $75.

"" wrote:
> "Paolo Pignatelli" <Paolo@DotNetStore.com> wrote in message
> > I am looking for a cooling solution for and Intel 830 (dual
> core).
> I would
> > like to keep the noise level down, and have heard that the
> included
> fan is
> > very noisy. I have been waiting for the Zalman 9500, but it
> seems
> more like
> > a mirage at this point.
>
> Sharkacomputers.com claims to be shipping from stock. Has
> been for
> 2-3 days now. $75.

The Thermaltake Big Typhoon has done me wonders. I got a 80 or 90mm
exhaust case fan, small fan on psu and the BIG TYPHOON. My room temp
is about 78-79 and i get 32C idle and 39C on full load. Just make sure
you get some Artic Silver instead of using thermal paste that comes
with it.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-Cooling-Intel-830-ftopict62076.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=312964