I Need Old Laptop Specs

Hello,

I use an old Toshiba 315CDS 200MHz laptop to run my CNC mill. It was
dirt cheap a year ago and has been more than adequate for the task.

I am now considering a cheap 315CDT as a spare and wondering how it
differs from a 315CDS. If you happen to know, please enlighten me.

I also use old laptops for sailboat racing navigation. They take a
beating and don't survive long so cheap is good and old is adequate.

A website with specs on old laptops would be very useful to me. Toshiba
is first choice cuz I have a couple. But many old laptops would do these
jobs for me.

Any suggestions for specs on old laptops?

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net
3 answers Last reply
More about laptop specs

    In article <43288CE2.1985@earthlink.net>, Tom Hubin says...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I use an old Toshiba 315CDS 200MHz laptop to run my CNC mill. It was
    > dirt cheap a year ago and has been more than adequate for the task.
    >
    > I am now considering a cheap 315CDT as a spare and wondering how it
    > differs from a 315CDS. If you happen to know, please enlighten me.

    The screen. The CDT is a TFT, the CDS is the other type, a DSTN/HPA
    that ghosts like hell.

    --
    Conor

    "You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
    Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

    Conor wrote:

    > In article <43288CE2.1985@earthlink.net>, Tom Hubin says...
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I use an old Toshiba 315CDS 200MHz laptop to run my CNC mill. It was
    > > dirt cheap a year ago and has been more than adequate for the task.
    > >
    > > I am now considering a cheap 315CDT as a spare and wondering how it
    > > differs from a 315CDS. If you happen to know, please enlighten me.
    > >
    > The screen. The CDT is a TFT, the CDS is the other type, a DSTN/HPA
    > that ghosts like hell.
    >
    > --
    > Conor

    *****************

    Hello Conor,

    Thanx for the info. Sounds like a 315CDT will make me even happier than
    my 315CDS.

    Tom Hubin
    thubin@earthlink.net

    "" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I use an old Toshiba 315CDS 200MHz laptop to run my CNC mill.
    > It was
    > dirt cheap a year ago and has been more than adequate for the
    > task.
    >
    > I am now considering a cheap 315CDT as a spare and wondering
    > how it
    > differs from a 315CDS. If you happen to know, please enlighten
    > me.
    >
    > I also use old laptops for sailboat racing navigation. They
    > take a
    > beating and don't survive long so cheap is good and old is
    > adequate.
    >
    > A website with specs on old laptops would be very useful to
    > me. Toshiba
    > is first choice cuz I have a couple. But many old laptops
    > would do these
    > jobs for me.
    >
    > Any suggestions for specs on old laptops?
    >
    > Tom Hubin
    > thubin@earthlink.net

    Why not go for a Panasonic Toughbook, the older ones are very cheap on
    ebay, and should hold up a lot longer than a Toshiba!

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-Laptop-Specs-ftopict62090.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=313056

Homebuilt Laptops Hardware Systems