I Need Old Laptop Specs

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
September 15, 2005 12:48:38 AM

Hello,

I use an old Toshiba 315CDS 200MHz laptop to run my CNC mill. It was
dirt cheap a year ago and has been more than adequate for the task.

I am now considering a cheap 315CDT as a spare and wondering how it
differs from a 315CDS. If you happen to know, please enlighten me.

I also use old laptops for sailboat racing navigation. They take a
beating and don't survive long so cheap is good and old is adequate.

A website with specs on old laptops would be very useful to me. Toshiba
is first choice cuz I have a couple. But many old laptops would do these
jobs for me.

Any suggestions for specs on old laptops?

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net

More about : laptop specs

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
September 15, 2005 1:56:53 AM

In article <43288CE2.1985@earthlink.net>, Tom Hubin says...
> Hello,
>
> I use an old Toshiba 315CDS 200MHz laptop to run my CNC mill. It was
> dirt cheap a year ago and has been more than adequate for the task.
>
> I am now considering a cheap 315CDT as a spare and wondering how it
> differs from a 315CDS. If you happen to know, please enlighten me.

The screen. The CDT is a TFT, the CDS is the other type, a DSTN/HPA
that ghosts like hell.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
September 15, 2005 1:56:54 AM

Conor wrote:

> In article <43288CE2.1985@earthlink.net>, Tom Hubin says...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I use an old Toshiba 315CDS 200MHz laptop to run my CNC mill. It was
> > dirt cheap a year ago and has been more than adequate for the task.
> >
> > I am now considering a cheap 315CDT as a spare and wondering how it
> > differs from a 315CDS. If you happen to know, please enlighten me.
> >
> The screen. The CDT is a TFT, the CDS is the other type, a DSTN/HPA
> that ghosts like hell.
>
> --
> Conor

*****************

Hello Conor,

Thanx for the info. Sounds like a 315CDT will make me even happier than
my 315CDS.

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net
September 17, 2005 4:41:56 AM

"" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use an old Toshiba 315CDS 200MHz laptop to run my CNC mill.
> It was
> dirt cheap a year ago and has been more than adequate for the
> task.
>
> I am now considering a cheap 315CDT as a spare and wondering
> how it
> differs from a 315CDS. If you happen to know, please enlighten
> me.
>
> I also use old laptops for sailboat racing navigation. They
> take a
> beating and don't survive long so cheap is good and old is
> adequate.
>
> A website with specs on old laptops would be very useful to
> me. Toshiba
> is first choice cuz I have a couple. But many old laptops
> would do these
> jobs for me.
>
> Any suggestions for specs on old laptops?
>
> Tom Hubin
> thubin@earthlink.net

Why not go for a Panasonic Toughbook, the older ones are very cheap on
ebay, and should hold up a lot longer than a Toshiba!

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-Laptop-Specs-f...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=313056
!