demote nt server and join 2k3 domain

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 23, 2005 4:28:57 PM

We are trying to upgrade our 4.0 pdcs to 2k3. We still have 4.0 bdcs.
after the upgrade can our 4.0 bdcs be demoted and become member servers
to our 2k3 domain? I know all about upgrading our pdcs to 2k3. Just
need to know if we can demote our 4.0 bdcs and have them become member
servers in our 2k3 domain
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:36:07 PM

You will have to upgrade your BDC's to Windwos 2003 before you will be able
to demote them. There is no MS way to demote a NT4 BDC to a member server.
There is a 3rd party tool called Upromote that can do this w/o upgrading but
it is not free.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+