PLEASE HELP ME!!! =(,video card/ram/pc problem

Hi, i just brought these to install in my pc

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820145024

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130202

so anyways, I open my PC, and open my power supply to clean the dust
out , then took my old video card and replace it with the new one,
and put in the ram.........then when i start up my pc.....the monitor
is blank "no input signal" so then i put my old video card back in
again....same thing happen =(...ok so for 3 days i try doing that
over and over ..the power goes on , the fans goes on and the video
card fan goes on...then IT GOT WORST....now when i try to start my
pc...it goes on for 2 second then power goes off.....can someone
please help me =(, should i just return the card and ram and buy a
new pc? i have some files i want to keep on the pc though =(

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I CAN also post pictures if u want me too,

My Aim is :AznDragon533

I have a PCV-RX850 Sony Vaio Digital Studio PC
2.40ghz Intel Pentium 4 Processor

512MB PC2100 DDR
80GB Ultra ATA/100
CD-RW Drive
DVD rom drive
533MHZ FSB/32 256-bit 3D Graphics Accelerator
4x AGP slot available
Mircosoft Window XP home Edition
3 answers Last reply
More about please video card problem

    "AznDragon533" <Mr.NiceGuy@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote...
    > Hi, i just brought these to install in my pc
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820145024
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130202
    >
    > so anyways, I open my PC, and open my power supply to clean the dust
    > out , then took my old video card and replace it with the new one,
    > and put in the ram.........then when i start up my pc.....the monitor
    > is blank "no input signal" so then i put my old video card back in
    > again....same thing happen =(...ok so for 3 days i try doing that
    > over and over ..the power goes on , the fans goes on and the video
    > card fan goes on...then IT GOT WORST....now when i try to start my
    > pc...it goes on for 2 second then power goes off...

    Mistake 1: Making 2 changes at once.

    computer in the original configuration. If it's still bad, you probably messed
    up something in the PS when you opened it, or disconnected a wire or 3.

    Mistake 2: Opening the Power Supply.

    Dunno why you felt you had to do it, but if you're not familiar with the
    system, it's not something you oughtta do. If you have to, open it again to see
    if you messed it up somehow. If it still doesn't work, buy a new PS.

    Finally: Are you SURE the RAM is the correct RAM for the computer?

    reset your CMOS after making major changes to an already running machine.

    "AznDragon533" <Mr.NiceGuy@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi, i just brought these to install in my pc
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820145024
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130202
    >
    > so anyways, I open my PC, and open my power supply to clean the dust
    > out , then took my old video card and replace it with the new one,
    > and put in the ram.........then when i start up my pc.....the monitor
    > is blank "no input signal" so then i put my old video card back in
    > again....same thing happen =(...ok so for 3 days i try doing that
    > over and over ..the power goes on , the fans goes on and the video
    > card fan goes on...then IT GOT WORST....now when i try to start my
    > pc...it goes on for 2 second then power goes off.....can someone
    > please help me =(, should i just return the card and ram and buy a
    > new pc? i have some files i want to keep on the pc though =(
    >
    > PLEASE HELP ME!!! I CAN also post pictures if u want me too,
    >
    > My Aim is :AznDragon533
    >
    > I have a PCV-RX850 Sony Vaio Digital Studio PC
    > 2.40ghz Intel Pentium 4 Processor
    >
    > 512MB PC2100 DDR
    > 80GB Ultra ATA/100
    > CD-RW Drive
    > DVD rom drive
    > 533MHZ FSB/32 256-bit 3D Graphics Accelerator
    > 4x AGP slot available
    > Mircosoft Window XP home Edition

    yes they're both PC2100 speed rams :(

Homebuilt Graphics Cards RAM Systems Product