Allow someone Admin acccess to only one domain controller

Hello,

As I understand it one person can not be given admin access to only one
domain controller.

We have a BDC in our division office which is administered by our corporate
IT staff. We would like to do some admin work on it to use it. Say setup
shares, load applications, etc...

Corporate IT does not want to give admin rights to this server because we
then would have domain admin rights to all domain controllers.

Do I under stand this right or is there a way to give us admin rights to
only that one domain controller?

Thanks, Dave

Well you are almost correct. <g>
Giving a person "administrative" rights to domain controllers
requires you to add that particular person or group to the
domain "administrators" group or the "domain admins" group.
The domain admins group gives admin permissions to the domain
and all domain members / workstations. The domain "administrators"
group gives them full control of all DCs (no members) on the domain
but not necessarily domain "administrative" rights.