lee

I have a noname PC that does not send a signal to either of my HP
monitors. I'm told that the "original" monitor worked fine. Is this
most likely a compatibility problem with the video card?

Thanks.

jad

unlikely...a monitor is a monitor, the only thing that can cause a problem
is if you have the refresh rate and screen size are out of limits of the
monitor, but you will get an error message. I think its your video card.
These are not HP LCD monitors are they?...and if they are HP's 1703 LCDs
monitors, they are on a recall.

Lee wrote:
> I have a noname PC that does not send a signal to either of my HP
> monitors.

At all or do you get a 'signal out of range' message on the monitors?

> I'm told that the "original" monitor worked fine.

I'm told thar be gold in them thar hills! Until I've seen it, I'm not
going to believe it.

> Is this
> most likely a compatibility problem with the video card?

More likely a video card that is dead or has come unseated.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/