ATX mid-tower case suggestions?

I'm looking around for cases that will be used to build Athlon X2
workstations for software development and testing. Here's what I'm
looking for, in no particular order:

- Good PSU out of the box, preferably supporting SATA and the new
24-pin ATX12V standard

- No windows, blinkenlights, or other ostentations decorations

- No poorly mounted front ports that tend to fall inside the case when
you plug things into them *cough*Antec*cough*

- Good ventilation, including fan mounts that actually let air through.
A 120mm rear fan would be nice too.

Any suggestions?

jad

Antec case and with it, an antec PSU, would the most economical and pretty
safe PSU choice.

<stanmuffin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking around for cases that will be used to build Athlon X2
> workstations for software development and testing. Here's what I'm
> looking for, in no particular order:
>
> - Good PSU out of the box, preferably supporting SATA and the new
> 24-pin ATX12V standard
>
> - No windows, blinkenlights, or other ostentations decorations
>
> - No poorly mounted front ports that tend to fall inside the case when
> you plug things into them *cough*Antec*cough*
>
> - Good ventilation, including fan mounts that actually let air through.
> A 120mm rear fan would be nice too.
>
> Any suggestions?

stanmuffin@hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm looking around for cases that will be used to build Athlon X2
> workstations for software development and testing. Here's what I'm
> looking for, in no particular order:
>
> - Good PSU out of the box, preferably supporting SATA and the new
> 24-pin ATX12V standard
>
> - No windows, blinkenlights, or other ostentations decorations
>
> - No poorly mounted front ports that tend to fall inside the case when
> you plug things into them *cough*Antec*cough*
>
> - Good ventilation, including fan mounts that actually let air through.
> A 120mm rear fan would be nice too.
>
> Any suggestions?

Antec Sonata II

--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right

Lennon & McCartney

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

stanmuffin@hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm looking around for cases that will be used to build Athlon X2
> workstations for software development and testing. Here's what I'm
> looking for, in no particular order:
>
> - Good PSU out of the box, preferably supporting SATA and the new
> 24-pin ATX12V standard
>
> - No windows, blinkenlights, or other ostentations decorations
>
> - No poorly mounted front ports that tend to fall inside the case when
> you plug things into them *cough*Antec*cough*
>
> - Good ventilation, including fan mounts that actually let air through.
> A 120mm rear fan would be nice too.
>
> Any suggestions?

Antec SLK1650. On sale at Fry's Electronics for $70 with a $30 rebate if
you can get there today - Tuesday 9/20. I have several and haven't had
a front port problem -- was it USB ports?

Roger

<stanmuffin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking around for cases that will be used to build Athlon X2
> workstations for software development and testing. Here's what I'm
> looking for, in no particular order:
>
> - Good PSU out of the box, preferably supporting SATA and the new
> 24-pin ATX12V standard
>
> - No windows, blinkenlights, or other ostentations decorations
>
> - No poorly mounted front ports that tend to fall inside the case when
> you plug things into them *cough*Antec*cough*
>
> - Good ventilation, including fan mounts that actually let air through.
> A 120mm rear fan would be nice too.
>
> Any suggestions?

If you're willing to take a hot glue gun to the mushy front ports,
BestBuy.com has Antec SLK2650BQE on sale for $40 after mail in rebate
(through Saturday) and if you pick up at the store there's no shipping
charge. It comes with the 350W ATX12V PS and 120mm rear fan. I know more
about shopping than I do about computers so I hope this is helpful.