Can't see anything

So I messed something up. Here's my story.

I was using some Nvidia PCI graphics card, and my friend needed one so
I sold it to him (with the intentions of buying a new AGP graphics
card). Being forgetfull, I forgot to uninstall the drivers, and
switch the BIOS to AGP as my primary video display thing.

I recieved my Radeon 9600XT, and slapped it in my Asus P4P800 SE
motherboard, turned on my computer, and got nothing to my screen. I
hear no beeps on POST, and it sounds like it's booting up just fine.

Is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks!

jad

classic case of nvidia files still on the system and then going with ATI. I
swear NV does this on purpose. You can go from ATI to nvidia pretty easy but
trying to go from nv to ATI without completely removing all nvidias files is
a PITA. There is a removal tool on the nvidia site or on the web.

"UncleBoris" <slipknotjoker@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:zNPXe.130906$U_5.29238@fe03.news.easynews.com...
> So I messed something up. Here's my story.
>
> I was using some Nvidia PCI graphics card, and my friend needed one so
> I sold it to him (with the intentions of buying a new AGP graphics
> card). Being forgetfull, I forgot to uninstall the drivers, and
> switch the BIOS to AGP as my primary video display thing.
>
> I recieved my Radeon 9600XT, and slapped it in my Asus P4P800 SE
> motherboard, turned on my computer, and got nothing to my screen. I
> hear no beeps on POST, and it sounds like it's booting up just fine.
>
> Is there a way I can fix this?
>
> Thanks!

In article <zNPXe.130906$U_5.29238@fe03.news.easynews.com>, UncleBoris
says...
> So I messed something up. Here's my story.
>
> I was using some Nvidia PCI graphics card, and my friend needed one so
> I sold it to him (with the intentions of buying a new AGP graphics
> card). Being forgetfull, I forgot to uninstall the drivers, and
> switch the BIOS to AGP as my primary video display thing.
>
> I recieved my Radeon 9600XT, and slapped it in my Asus P4P800 SE
> motherboard, turned on my computer, and got nothing to my screen. I
> hear no beeps on POST, and it sounds like it's booting up just fine.
>
> Is there a way I can fix this?

It shouldn't make any difference. If there's no PCI card or onboard
video available the BIOS switches to AGP anyway. Windows won't try to
use the nVIDIA drivers either.

Check it's installed correctly and that if it has an additional power
connector, that you've hooked that up too. AFAIR the Radeons use a
floppy power connector.

--
Conor

Michael Park 1966-2005. World Rallying will miss you. God bless.