NT4.0 XP Pro SP2 Outlook 97 SR2 creates personal folder

Hi,
I just joined 2 new machines I buiilt to a NT 4.0 for Business
domain. The machines are running XP Pro SP2 and all updates. They
join ok. When I install Outlook 97 with SR2 it installs ok and loads
the e-mail into the personal folders inbox. Then when I connect to
the server as user it updates all the other information like contacts
to the first set of folders. so I have 2 sets of folders. Is this
normal or do I install differently.

What I did.

Connect to domain as admin OK

Cconnect as user OK
Pull Office off the server OK
Apply updates to SR2 OK

When I get to the individual user is when it gets messed up.
It does not let me pull office off the server as user only as admin.
Then when I log on as user and before I connect to the exchange
mailbox the e-mail is already in the personal folders inbox
1 answer Last reply
More about outlook creates personal folder

    You should have better luck in one of the public "Exchange"
    groups.

    "Magnetoram" <Magnetoram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > Hi,
    > I just joined 2 new machines I buiilt to a NT 4.0 for Business
    > domain. The machines are running XP Pro SP2 and all updates. They
    > join ok. When I install Outlook 97 with SR2 it installs ok and loads
    > the e-mail into the personal folders inbox. Then when I connect to
    > the server as user it updates all the other information like contacts
    > to the first set of folders. so I have 2 sets of folders. Is this
    > normal or do I install differently.
    >
    > What I did.
    >
    > Connect to domain as admin OK
    >
    > Cconnect as user OK
    > Pull Office off the server OK
    > Apply updates to SR2 OK
    >
    > When I get to the individual user is when it gets messed up.
    > It does not let me pull office off the server as user only as admin.
    > Then when I log on as user and before I connect to the exchange
    > mailbox the e-mail is already in the personal folders inbox

Domain Windows XP Windows