Hello,
My problem began when I attempted to do a "roll back" on my pc. At the time,
there was this program-SI-that came already installed which I'd used before
to reformat, but not rollback. Anyway, I got an error message during the
process, but i don't remember what it was. My keyboard (fiber optic usb)
stopped responding so I couldn't reboot with the CD until I reconnected my
old standard keyboard. To make a long story short, now I don't have sound and
after much searching have found out that i don't have the drivers installed.
I don't have an installation disk, only a Recovery CD-ROM, disk 1 and 2 and
an Advanced Recovery Diagnostic Tools CD and neither installs the drivers I
need. My pc is a Systemax Ascend. I use WinXP which came already installed.
If you can help, please let me know and I'll fill in the details as needed.
Thank You

You might try this. Go to www.belarc.com and download their free system
advisor. When you run the program it will list the configuration/software
of your system. If you look under the heading "Multimedia" you should see
the specific type of sound card you have installed. Once you know that
information you can search out the vendor's website and download the
appropriate drivers.