Spent big money on Video card

What's worth to spend big bucks buying an latest video card?
Video game? I got only one game that my current GeForce MX
can't run. Is it good decision to spend about $200 for video card just
for running one simply game?

BP

A bleeding edge video card will take you further into the future without the
need to upgrade in order to install and use a new program than a card that
is discounted because it is already obsolete for new games, programs. There
is lots of mucky, gray area in between those two extremes for your shopping
pleasure. Doesn't make much sense if you don't keep 'puters longer than 4 or
more years, however.

mmdir2005@yahoo.com fattade pennan och plitade 2005-09-21 09:20:

> What's worth to spend big bucks buying an latest video card?
> Video game? I got only one game that my current GeForce MX
> can't run. Is it good decision to spend about $200 for video card just
> for running one simply game?

No.

<mmdir2005@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What's worth to spend big bucks buying an latest video card?
> Video game? I got only one game that my current GeForce MX
> can't run. Is it good decision to spend about $200 for video card just
> for running one simply game?

Judging by your attitude, probably not. To a gamer, the decision provides
its own answer.

Jon

I like that shopping pleasure. I just got new one for shopping
pleasure but I tried
it oh what a piss. It does not work either. So spend big money is not
even work at all.
I don't know if I really need a cutting edge video card since I don't
enjoy most
latest video games anyway.

My Voodoo 2 is the Bees knees :p

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:18:49 -0400, "BP" <replytoall@only.net> wrote:

>A bleeding edge video card will take you further into the future without the
>need to upgrade in order to install and use a new program than a card that
>is discounted because it is already obsolete for new games, programs. There
>is lots of mucky, gray area in between those two extremes for your shopping
>pleasure. Doesn't make much sense if you don't keep 'puters longer than 4 or
>more years, however.
>
><mmdir2005@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> What's worth to spend big bucks buying an latest video card?
>> Video game? I got only one game that my current GeForce MX
>> can't run. Is it good decision to spend about $200 for video card just
>> for running one simply game?

I dare to say that if your card was a Raedon 9800 XT or much faster
card your current MX card would be tossed in the bin in a second.

Remember any MX 128 Mb based card no matter what brand will not be
even on the current benchmark test lists, just consider that.

Also a 9800 is twice as fast as a 9600, and that is substantial gain
for a little cash.

Time for an upgrade, best bang for the buck is still a 6600GT, or a
faster 6800 depending on your budget, just remember you will need a
GOOD quality PSU 450w - 480w to run it.