Raid Help Please

Ok got a Gigabyte GA-7AVXP-Ultra board. Decided to upgrade the 2 x 80Gb
Maxtor drives for a pair of 200Gb Western Digitals. The problem seems to be
that I cannot change the RAID Array to RAID 0. It keeps showing as RAID 10
(or 1+0) which I read somewhere is a stripe mirror!!! I have 2 Arrays
showing in the RAID setup screen and if I delete one of them I can then
setup RAID 0 but after I save the changes and reboot the Array is back to
the 1+0. Where am I going wrong? Should the drives be formatted and
partitioned? When I click on the Auto Setup option it says that there are no
disks present. The RAID 0 was working with the two Maxtor drives.

TIA

Redman

Delete at least one or both arrays and start again creating a
stripping or a mirroring array, 1 array only, the PC is confused and
can't find the drives, I doubt your showing raid 10, you will need
many more drives than 2 for that.

creating a new array will not lose your data if it was working OK
before.

go to the raid setup page, usually CTRL H or similar gets you there
depending on the board and delete all your arrays.

RTFM.