Help with directory oddity.

August 10, 2004 1:20:00 AM

I've got a directory (c:\windows\prefetch) that appears empty...no system files
and no hidden files. I have no idea when/where that directory came from. I
can not delete it. It says that the directory is not empty. I've tried
dropping to dos to delete it with the same results. I've done a "del *.*"
within it and it says no file found. I have no clue what's going on.

Can anybody help with this?

Thankz.

Anchor's aweigh,

The Admiral
Ask-me@for.it

More about : directory oddity

Anonymous
August 10, 2004 10:04:11 AM

Hi

That folder is used by the system. If you did manage to delete it, a new
Prefetch folder will be created next time you reboot your PC.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

!