Help with directory oddity.

I've got a directory (c:\windows\prefetch) that appears empty...no system files
and no hidden files. I have no idea when/where that directory came from. I
can not delete it. It says that the directory is not empty. I've tried
dropping to dos to delete it with the same results. I've done a "del *.*"
within it and it says no file found. I have no clue what's going on.

Can anybody help with this?

Thankz.

Anchor's aweigh,

The Admiral
Ask-me@for.it
1
answer
Last reply
More about help directory oddity

    Hi

    That folder is used by the system. If you did manage to delete it, a new
    Prefetch folder will be created next time you reboot your PC.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "The Admiral" <ask-me@for.it> wrote in message
    | I've got a directory (c:\windows\prefetch) that appears empty...no system
    files
    | and no hidden files. I have no idea when/where that directory came from.
    | can not delete it. It says that the directory is not empty. I've tried
    | dropping to dos to delete it with the same results. I've done a "del
    *.*"
    | within it and it says no file found. I have no clue what's going on.
    |
    | Can anybody help with this?
    |
    | Thankz.
    |

    | Anchor's aweigh,
    |
    | The Admiral