Stop domain users logging in to a specific workstation

Hi.

Generally our users are allowed to login to any of the PCs on our network.
There are a couple of machines I want to lock-down so only a specific
user(s) can login to them. How do I achieve this?

TIA

D.

Edit the user right " Logon Locally". Add just the
accounts you want to allow and remove the rest.
Don't remove the local "administrator" group or
the "domain admin" group.

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote in
message news:%23s$Cff2lFHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| Edit the user right " Logon Locally". Add just the
| accounts you want to allow and remove the rest.
| Don't remove the local "administrator" group or
| the "domain admin" group.

Thanks, I'll give a whirl, but what I'm really after is for, say, FRED to be
able to login to all PCs in MYDOMAIN, and be the only user of FREDSPC. ie.
use the same domain account everywhere. Does the Logon Locally option allow
Fred to use his domain account to login to his own machine?

(probably being thick)

D.

This is how it works by default. You can login multiple
times and to multiple machines by default in NT 4.0.

message news:%23sa1OzPmFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| This is how it works by default. You can login multiple
| times and to multiple machines by default in NT 4.0.

Got it, thanks!

D.