building router .

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
September 22, 2005 5:54:43 AM

my pc has this features:
Intel P3, 300MHz; 64MB SDRAM memory; 10GBHDD; Fastethernet,100BaseTX
Ethernet LAN. I want to build a router (a DTE) that would conform to
the above system features. Do i extend the system with a router
interface processor or build something from scratch? if extensible, am
thinking of multiprocessor conflicts and ability to install any router
internetwork operating system (IOS). I'd like advice on building a
router. please, i'd like comprehensible advise. would appreciate any
advise.

More about : building router

September 26, 2005 3:42:33 AM

Why are you trying to build a device like this? You starting you own ISP in
your bedroom?!
Rob
www.Totally-Hardware.co.uk
<g_widget@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> my pc has this features:
> Intel P3, 300MHz; 64MB SDRAM memory; 10GBHDD; Fastethernet,100BaseTX
> Ethernet LAN. I want to build a router (a DTE) that would conform to
> the above system features. Do i extend the system with a router
> interface processor or build something from scratch? if extensible, am
> thinking of multiprocessor conflicts and ability to install any router
> internetwork operating system (IOS). I'd like advice on building a
> router. please, i'd like comprehensible advise. would appreciate any
> advise.

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 26, 2005 5:58:56 AM

yeah, something like that. the market for this business is huge in my
country. where can i get the board, pls? Am lthinking of fastethernet
or HSSI interface processor. Need the board than an assembled router
because i'd like to use more than one vendor's Internetwork operating
system and could change ios's at random based on security
considerations. very important here.
thanks
david