PDC BDC question

tester

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Hi there,
Let us say I have an NT4 PDC that failed, BDC will take over all login
authentication and user rights.
If I reinstall the PDC from scratch what is the sequence of promoting to
PDC?
Like promote the remaining BDC to PDC, then the new PDC installation will be
a BDC which I can later promote to PDC? Thanksa lot, Calin

That is correct. In the absence od a PDC you can promote your BDC to PDC.
Then install a fresh NT4 as a new BDC.

If you stil have the PDC make sure you use Server Manager to force
synchronization of the SAM database to this BDC first.

"Tester" <CalinGuga@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> Let us say I have an NT4 PDC that failed, BDC will take over all login
> authentication and user rights.
> If I reinstall the PDC from scratch what is the sequence of promoting to
> PDC?
> Like promote the remaining BDC to PDC, then the new PDC installation will
> be
> a BDC which I can later promote to PDC? Thanksa lot, Calin

TRENDING THREADS