Error Loading Operating System after upgrading Motherboard

I have just upgraed to a GA-K8nxp-9 motherboard. I do not have any
SATA drive just IDE drive nor do I have a Raid array. I have disabed
the raid and sata setting in the bios.

The system seems to Boot fine it detects all the drives I have been
through the first bit of the windows 2000 set up but when it reboots
after completing the first bit it simply comes up with the error

I have played with the boot order and can get it to boot from bootable
disks and floppy drives but cannot get it to load up windows.

I have tried to flash tye bios to F7 from F5 but it does not recognise
the file I downloaded from Gigabyte.
Can anybody help?
8 answers Last reply
More about error loading operating system upgrading motherboard

    this a new install of the OS on a newly formatted drive or the old hard
    drive with the OS installed and you are trying to boot from it with the old
    motherboard drivers installed?

    "FrankP" <francis_phillips@ntlworld-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:vTBYe.566$B_6.192@fe05.news.easynews.com...

    FrankP wrote:

    > I have just upgraed to a GA-K8nxp-9 motherboard. I do not have any
    > SATA drive just IDE drive nor do I have a Raid array. I have disabed
    > the raid and sata setting in the bios.
    >
    > The system seems to Boot fine it detects all the drives I have been
    > through the first bit of the windows 2000 set up but when it reboots
    > after completing the first bit it simply comes up with the error
    >
    > I have played with the boot order and can get it to boot from bootable
    > disks and floppy drives but cannot get it to load up windows.
    >
    > I have tried to flash tye bios to F7 from F5 but it does not recognise
    > the file I downloaded from Gigabyte.
    > Can anybody help?

    suspect either a memory problem or insufficient power supply or a BIOS
    setting that's causing instability, not necessarily in that order.

    I should have mentioned the drive was new as well.

    I start the install process and it gets through to the first reboot
    and then gives me the error loading operatiing system. I have tried
    win 2000, win 2000 servre and win xp pro.

    try at a dos prompt. fdisk /mbr

    "FrankP" <francis_phillips@ntlworld-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:WpFYe.6195$E8.1376@fe06.news.easynews.com...
    >I should have mentioned the drive was new as well.
    >
    > I start the install process and it gets through to the first reboot
    > and then gives me the error loading operatiing system. I have tried
    > win 2000, win 2000 servre and win xp pro.

    "FrankP" <francis_phillips@ntlworld-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:vTBYe.566$B_6.192@fe05.news.easynews.com...
    >I have just upgraed to a GA-K8nxp-9 motherboard. I do not have any
    > SATA drive just IDE drive nor do I have a Raid array. I have disabed
    > the raid and sata setting in the bios.
    >
    > The system seems to Boot fine it detects all the drives I have been
    > through the first bit of the windows 2000 set up but when it reboots
    > after completing the first bit it simply comes up with the error
    >
    > I have played with the boot order and can get it to boot from bootable
    > disks and floppy drives but cannot get it to load up windows.
    >
    > I have tried to flash tye bios to F7 from F5 but it does not recognise
    > the file I downloaded from Gigabyte.
    > Can anybody help?

    Maybe try Memtest first, just to make sure.
    http://www.memtest.org/

    JAD wrote:
    > this a new install of the OS on a newly formatted drive or the old hard
    > drive with the OS installed and you are trying to boot from it with the old
    > motherboard drivers installed?

    Sounds like the latter. But hey, it's windows, so people aren't used to
    having to actually do anything...just plug and pray!

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    FrankP wrote:
    > I should have mentioned the drive was new as well.
    >
    > I start the install process and it gets through to the first reboot
    > and then gives me the error loading operatiing system. I have tried
    > win 2000, win 2000 servre and win xp pro.

    Hi Frank,

    Have you set the BIOS to 'failsafe defaults'?

    I suggest you make a cd for memtest86 and run it for at least one full
    pass. I've had problems during windows installs for two reasons: CPU fan
    caught in its own wires and bad RAM.

    Cheers,

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:32:38 GMT,
    francis_phillips@ntlworld-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (FrankP) wrote:

    >I should have mentioned the drive was new as well.
    >
    >I start the install process and it gets through to the first reboot
    >and then gives me the error loading operatiing system. I have tried
    >win 2000, win 2000 servre and win xp pro.

    Try your bios settings.plug and play os=no.turn off all video
    shadowing.Turn off all non essential devices(serial
    ports,usb,printer,etc) You can turn them on after install.

Homebuilt NAS / RAID Boot Motherboards Systems