  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 8, 2005 7:32:56 PM

How does one convert a NT 4.0 member server to a NT 4.0 BDC?

I went into server manager and added the server as a BDC but when I try to
login from the BDC I get the following error:

the session setup to the windows nt domain controller <unknown> for the
domain abc failed because the windows nt domain controller does not have an
account for the the computer tempsrv.

Any idea's on this error or how to get past this problem?

Thanks

More about : member server bdc

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 8:19:08 PM

You cannot do this without reinstalling NT and
choosing BDC or using a thrid party utility to
convert the server to BDC. U-promote.exe
comes to mind. You can do a search on the
Inet and get all the details you need.

"John" <john@edd.com> wrote in message news:
> How does one convert a NT 4.0 member server to a NT 4.0 BDC?
>
> I went into server manager and added the server as a BDC but when I try to
> login from the BDC I get the following error:
>
> the session setup to the windows nt domain controller <unknown> for the
> domain abc failed because the windows nt domain controller does not have
> an account for the the computer tempsrv.
>
> Any idea's on this error or how to get past this problem?
>
> Thanks

August 9, 2005 2:15:16 PM

Thanks,

u-promote did the job rather well!