missing or corrupt file

August 10, 2004 1:53:01 AM

Whenever I turn on my laptop windiws doesn't load it say that the following
file is missing or corrupt c:windows/system32/system. It says I can repair
it with the XP disk. I bought my laptop second hand and it did not come with
the XP disk. Is there a disk or something that you can send me to fix this
problem?

More about : missing corrupt file

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 10, 2004 10:06:47 AM

Hi

Is this the error message you are seeing:

"How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry That Prevents Windows XP from
Starting"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307545

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| Whenever I turn on my laptop windiws doesn't load it say that the
following
| file is missing or corrupt c:windows/system32/system. It says I can
repair
| it with the XP disk. I bought my laptop second hand and it did not come
with
| the XP disk. Is there a disk or something that you can send me to fix
this
| problem?
August 10, 2004 12:05:01 PM

Thanks Will that was what I was looking for I will try that out and see what
it does. Thanks again!
Steve

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is this the error message you are seeing:
>
> "How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry That Prevents Windows XP from
> Starting"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307545
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Whenever I turn on my laptop windiws doesn't load it say that the
> following
> | file is missing or corrupt c:windows/system32/system. It says I can
> repair
> | it with the XP disk. I bought my laptop second hand and it did not come
> with
> | the XP disk. Is there a disk or something that you can send me to fix
> this
> | problem?

Related resources
August 10, 2004 12:27:02 PM

ok this sounds like an easy task they only problem is that I do not own a
copy of the XP DC-ROM. I bought my computer second hand and did not receive
a copy of the disk. Is there any way that I could obtain one??

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is this the error message you are seeing:
>
> "How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry That Prevents Windows XP from
> Starting"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307545
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Whenever I turn on my laptop windiws doesn't load it say that the
> following
> | file is missing or corrupt c:windows/system32/system. It says I can
> repair
> | it with the XP disk. I bought my laptop second hand and it did not come
> with
> | the XP disk. Is there a disk or something that you can send me to fix
> this
> | problem?

August 10, 2004 2:33:02 PM

Steve, it looks like you have a corrupt driver file. If you do not have an
XP CD
to reinstall it, do a Search for a directory called I386. It should be
under the
Windows directory. If you find one, in that directory should be a filed
called
Driver.cab if you have that you can reinstall from that directory. Do a
Repair
Install and when it asks you to insert your XP CD, select from other
location, and
type in the path (i.e. C:\Windows\I386\driver.cab). Open below website and
scroll down to "How to run a Repair Install":

Repair XP

"Steve" wrote:

> Whenever I turn on my laptop windiws doesn't load it say that the following
> file is missing or corrupt c:windows/system32/system. It says I can repair
> it with the XP disk. I bought my laptop second hand and it did not come with
> the XP disk. Is there a disk or something that you can send me to fix this
> problem?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 10, 2004 11:46:52 PM

Greetings --

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

If you purchase of the laptop did not include the OS (as you
didn't get the CD) you'll have to buy your own copy, now, in order to
perform the necessary repairs.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

> Whenever I turn on my laptop windiws doesn't load it say that the
> following
> file is missing or corrupt c:windows/system32/system. It says I can
> repair
> it with the XP disk. I bought my laptop second hand and it did not
> come with
> the XP disk. Is there a disk or something that you can send me to
> fix this
> problem?
May 19, 2005 9:08:02 AM

"Steve" wrote:

> Whenever I turn on my laptop windiws doesn't load it say that the following
> file is missing or corrupt c:windows/system32/system. It says I can repair
> it with the XP disk. I bought my laptop second hand and it did not come with
> the XP disk. Is there a disk or something that you can send me to fix this
> problem?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 21, 2005 3:37:26 PM

dan <dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Steve" wrote:
>
>> Whenever I turn on my laptop windiws doesn't load it say that the following
>> file is missing or corrupt c:windows/system32/system. It says I can repair
>> it with the XP disk. I bought my laptop second hand and it did not come with
>> the XP disk. Is there a disk or something that you can send me to fix this
>> problem?

See "How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545).

--
(tm)
!