need help with Wake on Lan for Aopen AX4SPE MAX

Does Aopen have a special "magic packet" to wake up an AX4SPE Max
motherboard? I have WOL working on other computers but on my AX4SPE
Max, can't seem to get it to work. Checked the BIOS and wol is
enabled.

I'm using a program at the following location:

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/WOL.asp

and works on other computers that I have. Does wol use a port? This
program also asks for a port number which it defaults to 40,000.

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about need wake aopen ax4spe

    yes it does use ports. Have you a router in the mix?

    <tommynospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Does Aopen have a special "magic packet" to wake up an AX4SPE Max
    > motherboard? I have WOL working on other computers but on my AX4SPE
    > Max, can't seem to get it to work. Checked the BIOS and wol is
    > enabled.
    >
    > I'm using a program at the following location:
    >
    > http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/WOL.asp
    >
    > and works on other computers that I have. Does wol use a port? This
    > program also asks for a port number which it defaults to 40,000.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thanks for the reply, JAD.

    I figured it out. Apparently, the nic cards are case-sensative. I was
    sending the "magic packet" out with lower case hexidecimal characters
    instead of upper. When I changed everything to upper case, it now
    powers up on WOL.

    Thanks!

Homebuilt Computers Systems