Sign in with
Your question

How many times would you play the same game over??

Last response: in Video Games
December 23, 2004 7:09:15 PM

You know those games that are so good and you really get into it that you want to play it again, after you finished it? Think the only game ive played twice are Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Splinter Cell. Half way into HL2, I dont think Id be playing it again. Im gonna give D3 a shot, but sadly, I never finished D1 or D2...wasnt too exciting I guess.

Anyway, whats the most you guys/gals played the same game over? And what was that game?

P4 3.0Ghz
Intel D865GRH
512 PC3200 Dual Channel
eVGA 6600GT (Ti4200 128mb 4 Sale)

More about : times play game

December 24, 2004 8:39:54 AM

Have played Operation Flashpoint through quite a few times (brilliant brilliant game).

Am currently replaying Balders Gate 2 given my first time around (years ago) I didn't really have a clue what I was doing.

Have played both Max Paynes more than twice.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"
December 24, 2004 5:36:56 PM

I replayed the origional Baldur's Gate a few times, before IWD and other games came out.... but even in that game, I only made it throught he last 1/4 to the endgame once... but that game brings back many fond memories.

<font color=red><b>NF7-S/MBarton 2500+
210x11.5 1.82v SP-97
GB Corsair XMS PC3200
BBA 9800 Pro 423/369</font color=red><font color=black>
NF7-S/MBarton 2600+
210x11.5 1.76v
512MB CVR PC3200
Sapphire 9500@9700
Related resources
December 27, 2004 12:50:31 PM

I don't often replay games, but here's my list:
BG 1 and 2 plus expansions
Duke Nukem 3D
Bard's Tale 1

I usually will begin to replay titles when there is a dry spell of new releases. I had the best intention to replay Planescape: Torment and Fallout as an evil character (two of the few CRPGs this can be done with), but didn't get far before I was distracted by something shiny.
December 27, 2004 2:37:02 PM

i play a few over;

red faction(original), call of duty, MOHAA, soldier of fortune.

there are a few others.

"Never underestimate the predictability of Stupidity."
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Neurotic Narcissist.}=-</A>
<font color=blue>R.I.P. O.D.B.</font color=blue>
December 27, 2004 9:57:43 PM

Never... the game is lucky enough if it can entertain me until the end. Usually I get bored and just enable cheats, so that I can obliterate everything in my path.

On the other hand, I seem to enjoy the multiplayer aspect of PC games a lot more. I do not really buy games for any other purpose.
December 27, 2004 10:27:27 PM

Quote: On the other hand, I seem to enjoy the multiplayer aspect of PC games a lot more. I do not really buy games for any other purpose. :

I could not agree more! If I can't play on;line after bearing the single player version. Then I'm not buying their crappy game.
December 29, 2004 10:17:20 PM

ive replayed gta vice city many times, dont know why, i just really like that game. i started playing far cry again but stopped when i got hl2. im thinking about starting hl2 again, maybe far cry. who knows. i really only have time to game on the weekend anyway. weeknights i just want to eat and do nothing.

this is my boomstick!
December 29, 2004 10:24:47 PM

I've played HL1 through countless times and I have been through HL2 at least 10 times now. Gotta get a little CS time in between each round of HL2 :) 
I have also played Doom1 through countless times.
I haven't play any other game through more than once. I don't know why, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The only game I can think of that I almost didn't finish was FarCry. It was pretty stupid but I forced myself to finish it, lol. Never goona play it again though.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
December 30, 2004 12:58:38 AM

i played doom(original) recently and back then i didnt use keyboard mouse combo. when i played it again i found it to be way to easy lol. but it still is a good classic.

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Neurotic Narcissist.}=-</A>
December 30, 2004 1:44:11 PM

dont tell me you used a joystick rofl. that always killed me when people would try to play fps with a joystick. sticks are for flying!

this is my boomstick!
December 30, 2004 2:18:58 PM

nah just with the key board lol.

December 30, 2004 4:36:37 PM

well thats not that bad, didnt the orgional doom not even support a mouse? and if you played it from dos, not in a dos shell you had to load the mouse driver and all that crap, was more trouble than most gamers wanted to handle.

this is my boomstick!
December 30, 2004 8:18:34 PM

yea their was some problem like that, but back then i hated using the ole combo of mouse and keyboard, i was dropped on my head when i was little ithink... heheh

December 31, 2004 3:27:55 AM

Well, when I find game I really, really like I play it through once then go back and play bits and pieces again for fun. I'm doing that now with "Far Cry" and "COD United Offensive". Go back and snipe mercs or kill nazi's for the heck of it too many times to count.

Da Worfster

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
January 21, 2005 2:01:43 AM

a number of them actually. it is quite often I get so tired of the flaws in the games that I uninstall them and am very tempted to just toss them in the trash.

BG 1 is one of the few games for PC I've even managed to finish. one would think as much processing of data that a PC can do a team of programmers would be more than capable of coming up with some decent games, but I'm afraid that may be years away at this point. most of them don't seem to be nearly as interested in making a good gaming experience as they are fascinated by the shiny little round things they can run to the gumball machine with that they get paid for their work with.
January 21, 2005 10:04:20 PM

Unless you count Super Mario Bros. on my NES, Half-Life² is my most replayed game already. =)

Of course Deathmatch, JB Mod and Garry's mod have slowed me down a bit.
January 21, 2005 11:03:09 PM

SMB rocked dude, the original mario bros in the arcade kicked ass too man, we would go to the all day events they would sometimes hold at the local arcade(like pay 10 and you play for free all day, they disabled the cost on the machines) and we would have duels on that.

<font color=blue>I'm a DICK! So take it pussy!</font color=blue>
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Psychotic Sociopath.}=-</A>
January 28, 2005 9:00:40 AM

I've played many games more than once, but I've played CoD (original), MOHAA (original), Mafia and GTA Vice City more than twice.

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>
January 28, 2005 10:27:38 PM

Well, I actually played Diablo I and II several times. Big battles in three - D space. I STILL play MECH II. That game is a blast. The atmosphere is spot on. I never cared much for the newer Mech versions, too much eye candy, not enough game. I'm on my third run of Soldier of Fortune.
Call of Duty I played twice in about an hour it seemed. Way too short, but fun.

Games I will play again-
I just finished my first run of HALO (not 2) and was pleased as heck with the game. Tongue in cheek humor, good graphics, great battles with more than one or two bad guys at a time, and a reasonable length of play.
FarCry. One of the BEST "be sneaky" type games. HIDE, HIDE, HIDE and take your time. Also, it is fair to RUN AWAY and creep back into it. You gotta love the snipe function in this game.
January 28, 2005 10:31:08 PM

i forgot to say xcom, that game still rox meh

<font color=blue>I'm a DICK! So take it pussy!</font color=blue>
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Psychotic Sociopath.}=-</A>
February 3, 2005 10:20:31 AM

i'm always playing diablo 2. currently i have about 4 different games going, w/different charecters of course. i also enjoy the original c&c, i've finished it on both sides several times.
February 3, 2005 8:27:36 PM

For me, Unreal Tournament has given me endless hours of entertainement over the years. My current rig is so old that it is one of the few games that runs smoothly on it. BG 1 was another too. Madden NFL 2001 for some reason has stayed on my pc for years. But the MacDaddy was Activision's CTP 1 & 2 - I can find endless hours of re-playability in those two. Hard to dismiss Age of Kings...

I must say though, as I get older the harder it is for my interest to remain peaked.

<b><font color=green> If You've Never Snorted Coke off a Bombay Hooker's Arse... </b> </font color=green>
February 4, 2005 7:39:35 PM

Over the years. I keep installing Starcraft and playing the single player missions and then playing online. I really wish they would code a Starcraft 2!
February 4, 2005 10:16:00 PM

Well...

I can't say that I have played through entire games, BUT, I have played some portions or nearly the entire game (i.e. there are 3 missions in DF BHD I hate), more times than I can count. The games I have played through multiple times are Jane's games mostly.

AH-64D Longbow Gold (at least 20 times)

Longbow 2 (25 times)

Fleet Command (some missions played over 200 times (different variations))

F/A-18 (same as Fleet Command)

F-15 (same as above)

Soldier Of Fortune 2 (5 times)

Spec Ops and expansion pack (NOT Spec Ops 2) Some missions 20 times

Steel Panthers Series (Probably over 5,000 hours playing time: i s--t you not)

SWAT 3 (completed at least 20 times)

WW2 Fighters (at least 800hrs on missions)

Falcon 4.0 (at least 300hrs on missions)

Deus Ex IW - 2 times

SW KOTOR - 2 times

Hidden & Dangerous 1 - 500 hrs

Hitman Series - At least 500hrs

Current Total On Joint Ops: 950hrs Single Player, 220 MP

Hey, gimme a break, I'm a photographer first, animal rescue driver second, then computer nut. I try to stay up to date so forgive me if I ask a stupid question.
!