Windows 7 wont install

• Thread starter Deleted member 338371
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 338371

Hello,I've been searching for this problem for days, but I could't find a solution. I built this computer out of scrap parts that I found in my garage. When I try to install legit copy of windows 7 32&64 bit, the system would 'hang'(but I still have a moving cursor with blue loading circle spinning endlessly). I'm stuck at the part where the screen says "Setup is staring..." I tried all sorts of options. I tried removing my gts 250, switching vga to dvi, removing and interchanging the RAM... Non of theses seem to work. I've even tried different os. Im staring to lose my patients. Please help. Thank in advance.
My specs:
mobo: Im not sure but it's a foxcon HP mobo
cpu : pentium e6500
Ram : samsung ddr2 800mhz 2gb and gskill ddr2 800mhz 2gb 1 stick each at 1st and 3rd slot
hdd1 : 1 laptop segate 7200rpm 250gb sata hdd
hdd2 : western digital 80gb sata hdd
gpu : evga gts 250 512 mb ddr3

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Go into the BIOS and disable all devices except for the SATA controller, LAN and USB. Disable sound, serial ports, parallel ports, etc. Also, you don't mention the type of DVD drive you have. Is it IDE or SATA?

I would also suggest that you check your SATA mode and set it to IDE mode if not already set that way (no AHCI or RAID).

Are you being patient enough? Windows7 can hang at this point for a long time depending on the motherboard and can take 15 minutes or so. Wait up to half an hour or more before giving up. If after waiting half an hour you still have no luck then run a memory test program such as memtest86 as faulty memory is most likely the culprit. You said that you tried different OS, Vista has the same delay problem but Windows XP is OK.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Sounds to me like an issue that may deal with the CD/DVD Drive, or the disc itself. If you have the ability to do so, try booting the OS from a flash drive and see if that does the trick. Also, try booting with a different disc if you don't have a large enough flash drive (dirt, scratches, etc).

One other source of the problem that I can think of is the hard drive. I had a similar issue with a customer and it turned out they had a few corrupt sectors on their HDD. The install would hang pretty much at the exact same spot every time when installing. Try installing the OS on the other HDD that you have before anything else...then try booting from a different method (USB, network).

Let us know how it goes!