a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2005 2:14:13 PM

My son's PC is acting up. The PC is a celeron 300 running at 450 on a
Abid motherboard. If I can't fix it, I wonder what is the cheapest
CPU/Motherboard combo would your recommend and where to get it. I'm not
looking at the modern PCs. Anything like 1Ghz with a cost of $50 would
be great.

Thanks a lot for suggestions!

cpliu
September 28, 2005 11:35:04 PM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:14:13 -0700, cpliu thoughtfully wrote:

> My son's PC is acting up. The PC is a celeron 300 running at 450 on a Abid
> motherboard. If I can't fix it, I wonder what is the cheapest
> CPU/Motherboard combo would your recommend and where to get it. I'm not
> looking at the modern PCs. Anything like 1Ghz with a cost of $50 would be
> great.
>
> Thanks a lot for suggestions!
>
> cpliu

Well you could go to Ebay bid with the reliable sellers, www.outpost.com
Sempron 2800 cpu/motherboard combo for $60-90 but you'll have to add
memory. Outpost/Frys also has a complete system Semp 2800 system for
$160.

Myself has an Intel 810E with 933mhz w/ fan you can have for $45
including shipping. Onboard sound and graphics takes PC100 memory.
It was working perfectly but I upgraded.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 29, 2005 5:47:19 AM

cpliu wrote:
> My son's PC is acting up. The PC is a celeron 300 running at 450 on a
> Abid motherboard. If I can't fix it, I wonder what is the cheapest
> CPU/Motherboard combo would your recommend and where to get it. I'm not
> looking at the modern PCs. Anything like 1Ghz with a cost of $50 would
> be great.
>
> Thanks a lot for suggestions!
>
> cpliu

Don't just randomly replace parts until you know what the hell is wrong
with it. Heck, it could be software or it could be a heat related issue
from overclocking it so much and letting the fans get clogged or the
thermal paste dry out.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 29, 2005 1:13:30 PM

jaster wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:14:13 -0700, cpliu thoughtfully wrote:
>

>>My son's PC is acting up. The PC is a celeron 300 running at 450 on a Abid
>>motherboard. If I can't fix it, I wonder what is the cheapest
>>CPU/Motherboard combo would your recommend and where to get it. I'm not
>>looking at the modern PCs. Anything like 1Ghz with a cost of $50 would be
>>great.
>>
>>Thanks a lot for suggestions!
>>
>>cpliu
>

> Well you could go to Ebay bid with the reliable sellers, www.outpost.com
> Sempron 2800 cpu/motherboard combo for $60-90 but you'll have to add
> memory.

AND a PSU plus a case fan!!!!

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/