Cheapest older CPU/Motherboard combo

My son's PC is acting up. The PC is a celeron 300 running at 450 on a
Abid motherboard. If I can't fix it, I wonder what is the cheapest
CPU/Motherboard combo would your recommend and where to get it. I'm not
looking at the modern PCs. Anything like 1Ghz with a cost of $50 would
be great.

Thanks a lot for suggestions!

cpliu
3 answers Last reply
More about cheapest older motherboard combo

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:14:13 -0700, cpliu thoughtfully wrote:

    > My son's PC is acting up. The PC is a celeron 300 running at 450 on a Abid
    > motherboard. If I can't fix it, I wonder what is the cheapest
    > CPU/Motherboard combo would your recommend and where to get it. I'm not
    > looking at the modern PCs. Anything like 1Ghz with a cost of $50 would be
    > great.
    >
    > Thanks a lot for suggestions!
    >
    > cpliu

    Well you could go to Ebay bid with the reliable sellers, www.outpost.com
    Sempron 2800 cpu/motherboard combo for $60-90 but you'll have to add
    memory. Outpost/Frys also has a complete system Semp 2800 system for
    $160.

    Myself has an Intel 810E with 933mhz w/ fan you can have for $45
    including shipping. Onboard sound and graphics takes PC100 memory.
    It was working perfectly but I upgraded.

    cpliu wrote:
    > My son's PC is acting up. The PC is a celeron 300 running at 450 on a
    > Abid motherboard. If I can't fix it, I wonder what is the cheapest
    > CPU/Motherboard combo would your recommend and where to get it. I'm not
    > looking at the modern PCs. Anything like 1Ghz with a cost of $50 would
    > be great.
    >
    > Thanks a lot for suggestions!
    >
    > cpliu

    Don't just randomly replace parts until you know what the hell is wrong
    with it. Heck, it could be software or it could be a heat related issue
    from overclocking it so much and letting the fans get clogged or the
    thermal paste dry out.

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    jaster wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:14:13 -0700, cpliu thoughtfully wrote:
    >

    >>My son's PC is acting up. The PC is a celeron 300 running at 450 on a Abid
    >>motherboard. If I can't fix it, I wonder what is the cheapest
    >>CPU/Motherboard combo would your recommend and where to get it. I'm not
    >>looking at the modern PCs. Anything like 1Ghz with a cost of $50 would be
    >>great.
    >>
    >>Thanks a lot for suggestions!
    >>
    >>cpliu
    >

    > Well you could go to Ebay bid with the reliable sellers, www.outpost.com
    > Sempron 2800 cpu/motherboard combo for $60-90 but you'll have to add
    > memory.

    AND a PSU plus a case fan!!!!

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/