two PDC in one network

Hello

I have the following scenario:

Two PDC named - company1 and company2 in two not-connected networks. Now I
have to connect two networks together.
The question is: Is it possible to have 2 PDCs in one network - if not what
is the best solution in my case (there are several third party application
installed on each server - each PDC)

Best Regards

Dariusz Tomon
4 answers Last reply
More about network

    Yes, you can in this situation. However you cannot have two PDCs in the same
    NT domain. These sound like separate domains, so you're OK.

    Ray

    "Dariusz Tomon" <d.tomon@mazars.pl> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I have the following scenario:
    >
    > Two PDC named - company1 and company2 in two not-connected networks. Now I
    > have to connect two networks together.
    > The question is: Is it possible to have 2 PDCs in one network - if not
    what
    > is the best solution in my case (there are several third party application
    > installed on each server - each PDC)
    >
    > Best Regards
    >
    > Dariusz Tomon

    Not sure exactly what your concern is here but there is nothing
    wrong with having two or more domains on the same tcp/ip subnet
    as long as the domain names are not identical.

    "Dariusz Tomon" <d.tomon@mazars.pl> wrote in message news:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have the following scenario:
    >
    > Two PDC named - company1 and company2 in two not-connected networks. Now I
    > have to connect two networks together.
    > The question is: Is it possible to have 2 PDCs in one network - if not
    > what is the best solution in my case (there are several third party
    > application installed on each server - each PDC)
    >
    > Best Regards
    >
    > Dariusz Tomon

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    Be carefull when you connect the networks together.
    When another company in our building had to run over our network i did get
    problems with the DHCP servers. On both domains the servers acted as DHCP
    server and the result was that PC's on network1 suddenly did get their ip
    adresses from the server on network2 wich resulted in computers not able to
    reach their own domain.
    I physically disconnected both networks.
    It still might work if you give out ip adresses by hand.
    Greetings.

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

    > Not sure exactly what your concern is here but there is nothing
    > wrong with having two or more domains on the same tcp/ip subnet
    > as long as the domain names are not identical.
    >
    > "Dariusz Tomon" <d.tomon@mazars.pl> wrote in message news:
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > I have the following scenario:
    > >
    > > Two PDC named - company1 and company2 in two not-connected networks. Now I
    > > have to connect two networks together.
    > > The question is: Is it possible to have 2 PDCs in one network - if not
    > > what is the best solution in my case (there are several third party
    > > application installed on each server - each PDC)
    > >
    > > Best Regards
    > >
    > > Dariusz Tomon

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    Of course you'll need to down DHCP on one
    of the servers but if you want them to communicate
    from different subnets you would need a router which
    is why it's easier to put them on the same subnet if they
    are on the same segment..

    "Evert" <Evert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > Be carefull when you connect the networks together.
    > When another company in our building had to run over our network i did get
    > problems with the DHCP servers. On both domains the servers acted as DHCP
    > server and the result was that PC's on network1 suddenly did get their ip
    > adresses from the server on network2 wich resulted in computers not able
    > reach their own domain.
    > I physically disconnected both networks.
    > It still might work if you give out ip adresses by hand.
    > Greetings.

Microsoft Windows