Cannot connect to domain

Hello,

I have win 2000 server as domain controller. Domain name is montex.
I have many clients(Win 2000 server and XP prof)
I have users in the domain controller. When i try to add my clients in the
domain, i am not able to connect. Displaying error "cannot connect to domain.
Either domain not exist or do not have permission"

To the server, router is connected with DHCP enabled.
in the clients i assigned static IP.

When I ping to server, its ok.

what could be the problem.

Almost many clients have one way communication only.

thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply
More about cannot connect domain

    DNS is your culprit. Open a dos prompt on a problem
    client and run nslookup against your domain. What response
    do you get?

    "Rajani" <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have win 2000 server as domain controller. Domain name is montex.
    > I have many clients(Win 2000 server and XP prof)
    > I have users in the domain controller. When i try to add my clients in the
    > domain, i am not able to connect. Displaying error "cannot connect to
    > domain.
    > Either domain not exist or do not have permission"
    >
    > To the server, router is connected with DHCP enabled.
    > in the clients i assigned static IP.
    >
    > When I ping to server, its ok.
    >
    > what could be the problem.
    >
    > Almost many clients have one way communication only.
    >
    > thanks in advance

    Hello,

    Thanks for u r reply. I issued nslookup. Its showing domain and IP address
    as our ISP not my server.
    How can i resolve this w/o interrupting my internet access?

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

    > DNS is your culprit. Open a dos prompt on a problem
    > client and run nslookup against your domain. What response
    > do you get?
    >
    > "Rajani" <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have win 2000 server as domain controller. Domain name is montex.
    > > I have many clients(Win 2000 server and XP prof)
    > > I have users in the domain controller. When i try to add my clients in the
    > > domain, i am not able to connect. Displaying error "cannot connect to
    > > domain.
    > > Either domain not exist or do not have permission"
    > >
    > > To the server, router is connected with DHCP enabled.
    > > in the clients i assigned static IP.
    > >
    > > When I ping to server, its ok.
    > >
    > > what could be the problem.
    > >
    > > Almost many clients have one way communication only.
    > >
    > > thanks in advance

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    Your AD server should have DNS running and forwarders
    pointing towards your ISPs DNS servers for internet access.
    How is your DNS currently configured?

    "Rajani" <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Thanks for u r reply. I issued nslookup. Its showing domain and IP
    > address
    > as our ISP not my server.
    > How can i resolve this w/o interrupting my internet access?

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    Hello,

    I have given DNS forwarders to ISP DNS address. Internet OK. But i cannot
    able to add my client to domain.
    When i amtrying to add domain, its asking connect as and password. But its
    giving error "Network name not found" eventhough the username and password
    are correct. When i ping to server, its OK.

    Whats the exact problem. Can u resolve this?

    Thanks

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

    > Your AD server should have DNS running and forwarders
    > pointing towards your ISPs DNS servers for internet access.
    > How is your DNS currently configured?
    >
    > "Rajani" <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Thanks for u r reply. I issued nslookup. Its showing domain and IP
    > > address
    > > as our ISP not my server.
    > > How can i resolve this w/o interrupting my internet access?

Domain Servers Connection Domain Controller Windows