Lenovo Intros ThinkPad X1 Carbon, T430u Ultrabooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
The X1......although not suppose to launch till the 21st of August......have at least.....arrived.....
Lenovo's been bragging about it for months, now let's drop one from 16 feet :D

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ok...if these companies keep leaving out the DVD drive at least they could push software makers to market games and other programs on sdcards or usb sticks...wtf is going on here?

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
When I saw the keyboards for their new T, X and W series laptops, the only thing that came to mind was a quote from a certain Adam Jensen.

Hey, Lenovo.
I want my non-chiclet best-in-industry keyboards back.

monbattery

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
In addition to the two Ultrabooks, Lenovo is calling on all app developers to create a specialized catalog well-suited for Windows 8. http://redstore.us/

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Ah. The X1, finally. Probablly the only decent ultrabook out there. I was going through its spec sheet. Very sensible options. Plus, ThinkPads last for YEARS.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]ok...if these companies keep leaving out the DVD drive at least they could push software makers to market games and other programs on sdcards or usb sticks...wtf is going on here?[/citation]

Ever heard of a little thing called the "internet"?
If you really need disks there are external drives. That way you can leave the optical drive at home when you don't need it.
Optical drives take up a huge amount of space inside a laptop and add quite a lot of weight. Not worth carrying an optical drive 24/7 if you are only going to use it 5 times during the lifetime of the laptop.

[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Hey, Lenovo.I want my non-chiclet best-in-industry keyboards back.[/citation]

Amen to that.
(Haven't used on of the new Lenovo keyboards though - maybe they are just as good... who knows)

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Yeah... I'm not too thrilled by the NEW ThinkPad keyboards. I really really LOVE the previous version with its extra large DEL & ESC keys. Funny thou - with this latest version of the keyboard - they kept the same STUPID out-dated CTRLfn keys setup backwards.

Reviews on the new keyboard are: Unlike Apple, HP, Dell, and everyone else - the keys are curved. The response is and build is the same, the water protection system is the same on ThinkPads that have that feature.
Pros: The keyboard lights up (A big plus), the arrangement is still quite good.
Cons: The keys around the red-stick are a tad too small...

Thats about it.

Sorry, but I like have spaces between my F-Key groups... its for feeling and getting an idea where my hands are.

tpfan

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
the T430u model has a nice form factor (reminiscent of the old X1): now if they could expand its size to accommodate the 15.4" widescreen of other "T" models, and add the "slice" battery as an option--then we'd have something pretty useful, productive, and mobile

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]tpfan[/nom]the T430u model has a nice form factor (reminiscent of the old X1): now if they could expand its size to accommodate the 15.4" widescreen of other "T" models, and add the "slice" battery as an option--then we'd have something pretty useful, productive, and mobile[/citation]
And if they added a parachute to it we could jump out of a plane with it.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.