About Domain Server

Is it possible to make a Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Server?
Or which software should I install to achieve this?
4 answers Last reply
More about about domain server

    A Windows 2003 server can join the domain as
    a member server. You have to run DCPROMO
    to make the member server a DC. If it's already
    a DC you can run DCPROMO to demote it to
    member server.

    "Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message news:
    > Is it possible to make a Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Server?
    > Or which software should I install to achieve this?

    How to let a PC behind a firewall joining a domain? Should I open some
    special port?
    My problem is when I tried to make the PC joining the domain, I got an
    error:Can't
    resolve the domain.

    >A Windows 2003 server can join the domain as
    > a member server. You have to run DCPROMO
    > to make the member server a DC. If it's already
    > a DC you can run DCPROMO to demote it to
    > member server.
    >
    > "Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message news:
    >> Is it possible to make a Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Server?
    >> Or which software should I install to achieve this?

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    The whole point of the firewall is to block this type of
    access. The domain is in the DMZ?

    "Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message news:
    > How to let a PC behind a firewall joining a domain? Should I open some
    > special port?
    > My problem is when I tried to make the PC joining the domain, I got an
    > error:Can't
    > resolve the domain.
    >
    >>A Windows 2003 server can join the domain as
    >> a member server. You have to run DCPROMO
    >> to make the member server a DC. If it's already
    >> a DC you can run DCPROMO to demote it to
    >> member server.
    >>
    >> "Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message news:
    >>> Is it possible to make a Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Server?
    >>> Or which software should I install to achieve this?

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    Thanks for your reply.

    Our network is devided to two subnet(For example: Sub1 & Sub2), there is an
    firewall between
    two subnet. The domain controller is in Sub1, now the PC in Sub2 can access
    the server
    vis share folder, but I can't add the PC in Sub2 to the domain. I guess the
    firewall blocks
    the connection to the domain. How to solve? or which net diag tool can I use
    to find why?
    Thanks

    Leon

    > The whole point of the firewall is to block this type of
    > access. The domain is in the DMZ?
    >
    > "Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message news:
    >> How to let a PC behind a firewall joining a domain? Should I open some
    >> special port?
    >> My problem is when I tried to make the PC joining the domain, I got an
    >> error:Can't
    >> resolve the domain.
    >>
    >>>A Windows 2003 server can join the domain as
    >>> a member server. You have to run DCPROMO
    >>> to make the member server a DC. If it's already
    >>> a DC you can run DCPROMO to demote it to
    >>> member server.

Windows Server 2003 Domain Microsoft Servers Windows