About Domain Server

Is it possible to make a Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Server?
Or which software should I install to achieve this?

A Windows 2003 server can join the domain as
a member server. You have to run DCPROMO
to make the member server a DC. If it's already
a DC you can run DCPROMO to demote it to
member server.

"Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message news:
> Is it possible to make a Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Server?
> Or which software should I install to achieve this?

How to let a PC behind a firewall joining a domain? Should I open some
special port?
My problem is when I tried to make the PC joining the domain, I got an
error:Can't
resolve the domain.

>A Windows 2003 server can join the domain as
> a member server. You have to run DCPROMO
> to make the member server a DC. If it's already
> a DC you can run DCPROMO to demote it to
> member server.
>
> "Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message news:
>> Is it possible to make a Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Server?
>> Or which software should I install to achieve this?

The whole point of the firewall is to block this type of
access. The domain is in the DMZ?

"Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message news:
> How to let a PC behind a firewall joining a domain? Should I open some
> special port?
> My problem is when I tried to make the PC joining the domain, I got an
> error:Can't
> resolve the domain.
>
>>A Windows 2003 server can join the domain as
>> a member server. You have to run DCPROMO
>> to make the member server a DC. If it's already
>> a DC you can run DCPROMO to demote it to
>> member server.
>>
>> "Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message news:
>>> Is it possible to make a Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Server?
>>> Or which software should I install to achieve this?

Thanks for your reply.

Our network is devided to two subnet(For example: Sub1 & Sub2), there is an
firewall between
two subnet. The domain controller is in Sub1, now the PC in Sub2 can access
the server
vis share folder, but I can't add the PC in Sub2 to the domain. I guess the
firewall blocks
the connection to the domain. How to solve? or which net diag tool can I use
to find why?
Thanks

Leon