Problem when adding a PC to Domain

I set up an Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Controller. the Domain is
XXX.com(XXX for pre-windows 2000 use).
I can't use XXX.com as domain name to add a PC to the Domain. Using XXX is
ok.
Why I can't use XXX.com?

The clients are running W2k or higher? Assuming
this is the case did you setup DNS on the W2k3
DC and have the clients point towards that server
for DNS?
"Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message
>I set up an Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Controller. the Domain is
>XXX.com(XXX for pre-windows 2000 use).
> I can't use XXX.com as domain name to add a PC to the Domain. Using XXX is
> ok.
> Why I can't use XXX.com?

Clients are running Win XP Pro, I config the DNS for XXX.com.
And at client side, nslookup can solve the XXX.com.

> The clients are running W2k or higher? Assuming
> this is the case did you setup DNS on the W2k3
> DC and have the clients point towards that server
> for DNS?
> "Leon" <chi_jinliang@toyoda-tast.com> wrote in message
>>I set up an Windows 2003 Server as a Domain Controller. the Domain is
>>XXX.com(XXX for pre-windows 2000 use).
>> I can't use XXX.com as domain name to add a PC to the Domain. Using XXX
>> is ok.
>> Why I can't use XXX.com?

Now run nslookup against the name of the DC.
does this also resolve? If so then something is
blocking the access. Most likely the windows
firewall. Try disabling on a client machine.