NT4 domain to 2003

Currently there is an NT4 Domain with 1 server. How can you do a fresh
install of the server to 2003 (ie. blown away and install with 2003) and
have the clients communicate properly with the new server? We tested this
and the following happens - A message indicating that the trust relationship
between that workstation and the P D failed, however, it lets you log in and
run apps.

(The server was named the same as the original one and the netbios name is
also the same.)

Does something need to be done to the clients after the new server is in
place?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

All you have done is create a new domain with the same
name as your old domain. The SIDs aren't the same. Move
the clients to a workgroup then rejoin your new domain.
Be absolutely sure you know the password for the local
administrator account on each member / workstation. It
may be best while you can, logon as a domain admin and
reset the local admin password. If the member / workstations
are W2k or higher, go into computer management / local users
and groups / groups. If they are NT you have to open user
manager with a focus towards the machine name not the domain
or run cusrmgr.exe e.g, start / run cusrmgr.