windows 2k3 standard join win2k domain.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 28, 2005 3:23:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

hi all,
my company want just bought a new dell server which installed windows
2003 standard. currently, our company have win2k advanced server work as a
domain controller(AD). my question are
1. is it possible win2k3 to join win2k domain?
2. what i need to prepare?
3. any special setting?

hope someone help me and give me some reference. thanks in advanced

from Comel
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 3:23:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

>1. is it possible win2k3 to join win2k domain?
Yes, as a member server. No special preparation needed there.

>2. what i need to prepare?
If joining as a DC in a Win200 domain, you need to run adprep /forestprep
and adprep /domainprep before you can add the Win2003 DC.

>3. any special setting?
Lots of caveats, depending on your environment. Do you run Exchange 2000?
Start here.

Upgrading Windows 2000 Domains to Windows Server 2003 Domains:

Upgrading from Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/w...

Common Mistakes When Upgrading a Windows 2000 Domain To a Windows 2003
Domain:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;555040&SD=tech

--
Todd J Heron, MCSE
Windows Server 2003/2000/NT; CCA

"Comel" <comel@yahoo.co.jp> wrote in message
hi all,
my company want just bought a new dell server which installed windows
2003 standard. currently, our company have win2k advanced server work as a
domain controller(AD). my question are
1. is it possible win2k3 to join win2k domain?
2. what i need to prepare?
3. any special setting?

hope someone help me and give me some reference. thanks in advanced

from Comel
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 3:23:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.dns,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

Hi comel,
By default, out of the box the W2k3 server should have no
problem joining the W2k domain as a member server.

!