W3SVC Warning question

techjosh

I receive the following Warning in my System Log several times a day:

Event ID: 30
Source: W3SVC
Type: Warning
Category: None
C:\WINNT\help\common\404b.htm. The file does not exist.

I checked that path, and I do not have any .HTM files in the specified
path. I know a 404b is when a requested URL is not found, but I've
run a link-checker on my website to ensure that all links work. The
suspicious thing is, I receive this error on several servers, all
running IIS or WWW services, but some not actually serving up webpages
to people. It appears someone is trying to exploit an NT
vulnerability or gain access to my server. Any suggestions?

Ask in inetserver.iis

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional