Defrag!?

I have windows NT 4.0 (SP6) and I cant find a defrag for this o.s..
Please advise...

Regards
NN

I have the same issue too...
In the Tools of my drive properties, the defrag is grayed
out. According to the HELP, I need to install the defrag
add-on. Can i get it on the NT CD?
What are the alternatives (that works and safe)?

Thanks.

zingy wrote:
> I have windows NT 4.0 (SP6) and I cant find a defrag for this o.s..
> Please advise...
>
> Regards
> NN

No defragmenter was ever included with Windows NT 4.0. But
there are third-party degraggers, such as Executive Software's
Diskeeper.

I can't find the defrag tool in the NT CD, but in the drive properties the
defrag is grayed!
strange...
please advise...

regards
zingy

There were never any defrag tool included with NT. You have to use a
third party tool. You can try Diskeeper lite (free) or the full
Diskeeper, Perfect Disk or Norton amongst others.

John