The new forums are terrible.

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Go use Adblock.

We've done everything we could to get TG to have as less banner as possible for TGForumz.

If you're complaining about the design of this new forum, we the beta testers and Steve_sa have put countless hours into developing it and ironing out the bugs. 8O

Did the forum really need to be changed?

ggarret1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005
I think this forum is really top notch. I don't find the banners in the way even on my itty bitty laptop screen.

I, for one, appreciate all the work that has gone into this forum

pauldh

Illustrious
I'm not crazy about banners, but they sure beat the annoying greenies. Those blow. Overall, I was happy with the old forum if the greenies were removed. But the increased speed will be great as the old ones dogged at times.

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Apart from the popup when mouse is over thread title, I'd say that forum lacks MANY features of this one.
?
Its simple and do the job. You post shit, your answers posts, you search old posts. Thats all there really need to be, no fancy useless toys...no banners ALL arround your face that you cant see what the real content is.

margag_

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2005
i FIND THE NEW AND IMPROVE FORUM FUN TO USE.
iT IS CLEAR AND NO FUSSS.
bEING A FRENCH CANADIAN LEARNING ENGLISH I FIND
IT EASYER TO USE.

THANK YOU **WUSY** AND ALL **OTHERS** WHO TAKE THEIR TIME TO CONTRIBUTE.

LIKE THEY SAY ' :twisted: WE ARE TG FORUM RESISTANCE TO CHANGE IS FUTILE :twisted: '

margag_

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2005
Ok some sections may need terminology adjustments.
Some threads may seem 'overspecialized' (time will tel for these)
And even if there is so many threads and subdivisions
it's very uncommun that a post will be left unanserwed

Overall the new forum looks greath and works fine..
Sure you can contribute by proposing improvements...(Nothing is perfect..)

But please d'ont be too hard tg team they work hard to help noob's like me.

Well, i don't want to overstate my participation in the forum, but I was in the closed beta test (about 8 - 10 users) that went on before the forum went live - SO I'm kind of annoyed with my own work :) , not TG

margag_

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2005
Now that i Know that.... :roll: :oops:

you seem to be wise and worthy ...of showing you my respects.

long live to tg forum and **Ned_Flanders** 8)

margag_

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2005
TG want's to be in the 'office business'

It is true that 'softwarewise' the average office worker is a genius compare to the mass.... it will surely help to focus on software...
and maybe bring a horde of question with a complete new style to the forum like ' :idea: how do i configure outlook to retrieve my hotmail ? :idea: '

You guy are fearless and can take on anything :wink: