Either a Raid/Sata problem or Windows XP

wwilco

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
I have the GA-K8N Pro SLI, 2GB Corsair matched, AMD X2 4400, (2) 74GB Raptor hard Drives, 7800 video card. I have been unable to get the Raid array to be accepted by Windows XP during setup. I then went to a single partition install and am still failing on getting Windows to install correctly. I have wotked a bit with Gigabyte tech support and quite a bit with Microsnot. Can you folks help?

gamer178

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2005
I have the same board and ram. I do not have raptors :( but i have a raid configuration. When you are installing Windows, it asks you to hit F6 to load third party drivers at one point. Here is where you hit F6 and place a floppy with the sata drivers on it. (Yes, there is a separate disk that needs to be created that is not mentioned in the manual.) You can go to Gig's webpage and download the sata drive for install. Then when you hit f6 it asks you to install 2 options. Select them both, (one at a time) and install. After that you can remove the floppy and continue on.

If you do not do this, windows appears to install, but when you reboot the array is gone.